Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

StefanAVFC

---------------------Guzan-------------------

Lowton------Clark------Baker------Luna

----------------------KEA--------------------

Albrighton--Gardner--Westwood--Delph

------------------Agbonlahor-----------------

Should at least put an end to the hoofing.

• Like 1

Based on our inability to score against Crystal Palace, West Ham, Fulham and Sunderland who are currently the 4 worst teams in the division and the fact that our style of play (please excuse the description because we have no 'STYLE') is absolute garbage then I predict another home defeat and hopefully Lambert to get the sack pretty soon afterwards.

Swansea will love the space we will give their midfield. Remember last season at their place when we somehow got a draw after first 20 minutes Swansea should've had about 5. Really could see us getting hammered.

I would flood the midfield 451

Guzan

Lowton baker Clark Bacuna

Sylla

Albrighton Delph kea Tonev

Gabby

10% possession but we'll win 2-0. Lambert will be forced to pick Benteke even if he isn't fully fit. It no good us picking a team to try and outpass Swansea. We can expect similar tactics to the Southampton game. 

Edited by PaulC

Lol i see this everyweek from opposing players and managers its so stupid. Ashley Williams now saying "Villa Park is always a tough place to go" . When has it been? Just tell the truth u freak its an easy 3 points, always has been. And yeah i know they were one of the unfortunate ones to lose at B6 last season, but its been an easy ground to visit for years. Lovely surface for passing teams like Swansea.

Lump on Swans all you gamblers you'll earn a kotchel

• Like 2

Just to try something different I think I'd go

................guzan..................

Lowton......Clark.......baker.......Luna

.......delph.....Gardner....herd........

Bacuna...........kozak.........albrighton.

I would change the back 4 if there were other options but there aren't.

Edited by Big_John_10

Don't worry lads, the awesome Westwood will save the day.

Back in reality, really don't want to go to this; we'll be shit, it'll be freezing, missing father-in-laws 90th birthday buffet at ours. Loads of people arriving.

Errr ok Villa now sounds the preferable option <antisocial>

• Like 1

I think the team will be:

-----------------------------------------------Guzan------------------------------------------------

Someone Crap ------Someone Useless------Someone Crap ------Someone Useless

----------------------------Someone Crap---------Someone Useless-------------------------

Someone Crap--------------------Someone Useless------------------------Someone Crap

----------------------------------------Someone Useless-------------------------------------------

Bowery off the bench on 80 minutes.

3-0 win to Swansea.

Five in a row!

• Like 1

---------------------Guzan-------------------

Lowton------Clark------Baker------Luna

----------------------KEA--------------------

Albrighton--Gardner--Westwood--Delph

------------------Agbonlahor-----------------

Should at least put an end to the hoofing.

What hoofing?

I was crying out for some hoofing against palace...

Instead of 90 mins of walking pace sideways passes

• Like 1

It doesn't really matter how much possession we have or or whether or not we hoof/don't hoof.

We need players that can play outside of the 18 and make the right passes and the right dribbles. It's all fine and dandy until we get to the final third then our answers seem to be half-hearted early crosses. When's the last time we played a one-two outside the box? Or a through ball? Or a diagonal?

I'm a firm believer that Gabby and Andi are two players that are holding us back in the final third, trying to break teams down. They are fine when they can stretch their legs and run at defenders but every team has figured that out now. Both of them have horrible first touches and neither of them have good footballing brains. I've never bought that Andi has good movement. He just runs a lot.

• Like 1

It doesn't really matter how much possession we have or or whether or not we hoof/don't hoof.

We need players that can play outside of the 18 and make the right passes and the right dribbles. It's all fine and dandy until we get to the final third then our answers seem to be half-hearted early crosses. When's the last time we played a one-two outside the box? Or a through ball? Or a diagonal?

I'm a firm believer that Gabby and Andi are two players that are holding us back in the final third, trying to break teams down. They are fine when they can stretch their legs and run at defenders but every team has figured that out now. Both of them have horrible first touches and neither of them have good footballing brains. I've never bought that Andi has good movement. He just runs a lot.

Yes and it doesn't help when your CF has a poor first  touch as well.  If Swansea press high up the pitch then Gabby and Andi might be useful if o someone can play a long ball.Gabby is pretty much useless when teams defend deep like against Palace.

Edited by PaulC