What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

I've never understood the costa hate. It's not great but no way near as weak, watery crap as Starbucks which is and always has been by far the worst coffee around imo. I assume the 3rd one is Nero? gotta be over 20 years since I went in one so it's hard to have much of an opinion but when going in a coffee shop rather than grabbing an overpriced coffee on a long motorway journey was my thing I'd head there if there was no nice lavazza-esque independant about.

Starbucks coffee is so bad I genuinely don't know how they are a business that exists.

2 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

competative eating is a bit weird isn't it?

yeah in the main competitions its a bit disgusting but as youtube personalities travelling round doing them they can be interesting, just got to find one that clicks with you

man vs food was on the travel channel originally i think

also think my main problem with it, especially the english breakfast ones, is the quality of the food tends to look terrible, how quickly can you eat 8 x 11p sausages....nah that a miss from me but then im sure beard meats food says his hardest challenge was a FEB with proper butchers cuts of meat, high quality stuff, meant it was heavier richer and more chewing

On 31/08/2024 at 03:51, icouldtelltheworld said:

Can people honestly tell a difference between coffee chains? My Mrs won't step foot in Costa, but loves Starbucks. It all tastes the **** same, if it wakes me up in the morning then it's done its job

Black Sheep coffee tends to be a bit different as you can select your bean and strength and add all sorts of weird stuff like Turmeric, but all the others just seem rather generic to me

but then again , I don't have a beard and wear sandals so I'm no authority on coffee   

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Black Sheep coffee tends to be a bit different as you can select your bean and strength and add all sorts of weird stuff like Turmeric, but all the others just seem rather generic to me

but then again , I don't have a beard and wear sandals so I'm no authority on coffee   

You microwave coffee, this is the bit that prevents you having a valid opinion :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

You microwave coffee, this is the bit that prevents you having a valid opinion :D 

true enough :D  

I could style it out and say I only did it to piss off @chrisp65 .. but if Nespresso produced a coffee machine that made the coffee a little hotter , I wouldn't need to 

9 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I could style it out and say I only did it to piss off @chrisp65 .. but if Nespresso produced a coffee machine that made the coffee a little hotter , I wouldn't need to 

I’ve already told you they do :D I got one sat in the kitchen and have just sat down with a decaf :P 

1 minute ago, bickster said:

I’ve already told you they do :D I got one sat in the kitchen and have just sat down with a decaf :P 

ok , if Nespresso produced a machine for skinflints  that made the water hotter I wouldn't use the microwave 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

ok , if Nespresso produced a machine for skinflints  that made the water hotter I wouldn't use the microwave 

You were trying to buy Oasis tickets, you have no concept of a cost/benefit analysis :D 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

It was a real kw eye opener, seeing the culture of a different place, and me being the one having to style it out like it was perfectly acceptable.

But it was worth it, whenever we have visitors from England now I always make sure to make them feel comfortable by giving them a microwaved drink and some experimental wotsits.

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Porthcawl faggots used to be the best but that butchers on New Rd is long gone

Narbeth is growing its reputation as a bit of a foodie town.

The faggots were quality meat, like they were actually more of a beef mince ball. They lacked the sawdust and spices of a true faggot, disguising the low end quality of the meat.

Narbeth prices were interesting, everything cheaper than it should be, decent coffee for £2.80, oversized glossy pastries for £2.50, a really good Thai green curry was a tenner.

I even noticed that poncy Pump Street chocolate Mr Mooney saw for £8.00 and it was £6.00

5 hours parking was £2

Did I mention my new job as Minister for Tourism in the Republic of Narbeth?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

The faggots were quality meat, like they were actually more of a beef mince ball. They lacked the sawdust and spices of a true faggot, disguising the low end quality of the meat.

Sound shit to be honest, the best faggots have mincing entrails

• Like 2

Just now, bickster said:

Sound shit to be honest, the best faggots have mincing entrails

Yep, if I bought them again, they’d end up in a tomato sauce over some spaghetti.

Get yourself down Cardiff Market for some authentic compressed sweepings with a good dusting of pepper.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â