What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

7 hours ago, Chine said:

Well , how was it ? 🌶️ 

Very nice. It was hot but by halfway my mouth climatized to it. It was tasty too.  Just fancied something different and it worked. Be a now and again thing though couldn’t eat one every time I had an Indian. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I had a couple of these in that restaurant near the island on the run-up to Wetherspoons, which had just changed name, cannot remember what it was called or what it’s called now for the life of me🤣 To be honest, they pitched it hotter than vindaloo but I had it more madras strength 

On horse fair ? There’s several Indians on that road as you approach Wetherspoons but the one near the island is now called Khatris Nepalese and Indian. Used to be called Bilash, then it went to Red Peppers . I grew up in the same street as the original owners of that place. Its first name was the Ganges before it was called Bilash . Rugeleys first Indian restaurant . Been there for 40 years. 

• Like 1

My daughter who’s birthday it was yesterday, she decided for us to have the Indian as her birthday meal . She was eating and finishing a Madras when she was 8 years old. She’s now 10 and tried a bit of my Naga. She must have an asbestos mouth . 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

On horse fair ? There’s several Indians on that road as you approach Wetherspoons but the one near the island is now called Khatris Nepalese and Indian. Used to be called Bilash, then it went to Red Peppers . I grew up in the same street as the original owners of that place. Its first name was the Ganges before it was called Bilash . Rugeleys first Indian restaurant . Been there for 40 years. 

Yes, Mate red peppers that was it👍

21 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

My daughter who’s birthday it was yesterday, she decided for us to have the Indian as her birthday meal . She was eating and finishing a Madras when she was 8 years old. She’s now 10 and tried a bit of my Naga. She must have an asbestos mouth . 

If you like it hot, try the Rucci. They seem to upgrade every dish two or three points on heat. I’m a vindaloo man quite easily, but their  vindaloo nearly killed me.

3 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Yes, Mate red peppers that was it👍

If you like it hot, try the Rucci. They seem to upgrade every dish two or three points on heat. I’m a vindaloo man quite easily, but their  vindaloo nearly killed me.

I had a madras from Rucci and it was too hot for me . 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I had a madras from Rucci and it was too hot for me . 

That reminds me of a few years ago when we were in red peppers and my youngest lad who was eight at the time which going round everybody in our group with a bit of naan bread and trying some of everybodys dish, The Mrs went to the toilet and he came to me and took a scoop of vindaloo 🤣🤣 Got a bollocking from the Mrs when she got back and she had to take him to the ladies toilet to run the cold tap on his mouth for 10 minutes, but as I explained,  they have to try these things😆

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Had a home made cauliflower and red lentil dhansak last night. It was fantastic. 

funny-vegetarian.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, sidcow said:

funny-vegetarian.gif

Tell me about it. Meat tastes awful these days. I miss it like hell but for some weird medical reason veg is fantastic and meat tastes dreadful. 

On 13/07/2024 at 06:12, Rugeley Villa said:

Hold on, where are you lads talking about here? This sounds familiar to a place not far from me, but @Rugeley Villa name suggests it might be in Rugeley :D 

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

My local now . Decent looking bar women too. When I want to slum it I go Greggs. 

Surely there's somewhere else that serves brown liquid that actually tastes of.... something at least?

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

You not a fan then 

Costa? No absolutely not, definitely bottom of the big 3 High Street brands

Even Starbucks weird taste is better than no taste at all.

Just now, bickster said:

Costa? No absolutely not, definitely bottom of the big 3 High Street brands

Even Starbucks weird taste is better than no taste at all.

I’ve been to Starbucks once and wasn’t overly impressed .  I like the atmosphere in costa. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â