What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

If you have butter on a breakfast sandwich (i.e. bacon/sausage/mushroom/tomato/black pudding) then you are a verified scumbag.

However, you must have butter on a fish finger sandwich or chip sandwich.

If not you're a massive clanger.

Butter is also a must on all cold sarnies.

So just no butter (or margarine) on a breakfast sandwich ok?

You just don't have butter with bacon or sausage, if you do, you're wrong, physically and mentally. :P

Lapal knows :thumb:

Butter on a breakfast sandwich? You're broken if you do that :D

• Like 1

For me, the butter takes away from the taste of the bacon and brown sauce combo. I have tried it with butter (or margarine) a couple of times but it just doesn't compare to the taste of without. I also like a nice 'dipper' sometimes (the bread dipped in the bacon fat after the bacon is removed) so again the butter wouldn't work there.

I'm also wondering if location plays a part? As far as I can remember, every cafe, sandwich van etc around these here parts serve the breakfast sandwiches without butter or margarine unless specifically asked. I can never, ever remember my mom making me a breakfast sandwich with butter on so again, that's probably hard wired.

But really at the end of the day, it just doesn't taste as good to me and that's what it's all about :)

• Like 2

You just don't have butter with bacon or sausage, if you do, you're wrong, physically and mentally. :P

But why? Why though? Why Lapal? WHY?!

Seriously though, why is bacon any different to other sandwich meats?

If you don't know by the age of 37, then frankly you're beyond help.

Best of luck in Valhalla.

I'll concede, I wouldn't go butter and sauce on a bacon / sausage / breakfast sandwich, however I have to really fancy sauce. Even then it'd only be HP Woodsmoke BBQ, or very rarely HP Brown. The taste of tomato is something I've never liked, so ketchup would be out of the question.

it's either butter or ketchup on a bacon butty ..not both 

I find Ketchup is easier to spot as it's about to dribble down your shirt , where as butter the first you know is when you see the grease stain on your t-shirt

so Ketchup wins for me when it comes to a breakfast sandwich

Bacon and Egg sandwiches are always better with toasted bread too, so you gotta have butter on that!

WRONG!

The rigidity of toast is such that runny egg cannot be absorbed into the toast, meaning any runny yolk is then given free reign to dribble out of the bottom of the sandwich (or toastie) and on your hands/clothes.  Ergo, bacon/sausage sandwiches should not be eaten on a toast platform, UNLESS said ingredients have been issued within a full English breakfast, accompanied by knife/fork arrangement.  

WTF VT?! YOU CAN'T EVEN EAT PROPERLY, HOW HAVE ANY OF YOU DEVELOPED INTO FAT OLD BALD PEOPLE?

• Like 2

Bacon and Egg sandwiches are always better with toasted bread too, so you gotta have butter on that!

Im going to have to pull you up on this one, bacon and egg sarnies belong in untoasted bread.

• Like 3

WRONG!

The rigidity of toast is such that runny egg cannot be absorbed into the toast, meaning any runny yolk is then given free reign to dribble out of the bottom of the sandwich (or toastie) and on your hands/clothes.  Ergo, bacon/sausage sandwiches should not be eaten on a toast platform, UNLESS said ingredients have been issued within a full English breakfast, accompanied by knife/fork arrangement.  

WTF VT?! YOU CAN'T EVEN EAT PROPERLY, HOW HAVE ANY OF YOU DEVELOPED INTO FAT OLD BALD PEOPLE?

• Like 1

Bacon sandwiches should be made with the crappest, thick slice white bread. Spread liberally with butter, or marge.

Although being a bloater on a severe diet I can only dream of such things.

Also, living in Turkey, bacon doesn't exist. Only the shitty streaky stuff can be found in selected places but thats a fiver for 8 pieces.

Woe is me.

Bacon sandwiches should be made with the crappest, thick slice white bread. Spread liberally with butter, or marge.

Although being a bloater on a severe diet I can only dream of such things.

Also, living in Turkey, bacon doesn't exist. Only the shitty streaky stuff can be found in selected places but thats a fiver for 8 pieces.

Woe is me.

Under no circumstances is margarine acceptable on anything .....EVER

• Like 3

Today's intake:

Oatmeal with banana and maple syrup 

Banana

Veggie sandwich on whole wheat with olive tapenade

Pasta with cherry tomatoes and basil pesto

Almonds

Hunk of brie cheese

Living the middle class dream over here

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â