What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

I've always wondered why octopus and squid make people uncomfortable regarding them being food.

"Eewwww octopus"

Why?

People seem to react negatively to anything with octagonal connotations.

• Like 2

I have just eaten one of the juiciest of watermelons I have ever came across.

Yep, that's how tasty it was, I came across it. I haven't written in invisible print (That's not that invisible to some people) in quite a while.

• Like 3

I once ordered a baby octopus salad as I only wanted something light.

When it arrived it was a structural marvel, it was a giant pyramid of dozens of whole baby octopus with a token bit of shredded lettuce at the base and about three olives.

Once you got over the squirms of sticking the fork in the first few it was heffing gorgeous.

octopus.jpg

Yep, that's how tasty it was, I came across it. I haven't written in invisible print (That's not that invisible to some people) in quite a while.

there are few things in life that can beat coming across juicy melons

• Like 2

I seeeeee you
  • Like 1

Occurred to me I've not been in here for a while .... You probably thought well he's already achieved food nirvana there is no need for him to return however tonight i have a new creation that Heston Oliver would be proud of

Nice fried fillet of cod then just before it had fully cooked i wrapped it inside some slices of roast beef alongside some finely cut slices of cheese and let it melt

Tbh i then got a wee bit lazy and whacked it in some bread at that point but I reckon it would have gone equally well with potato or something

For those of you not as confident in your abilities as myself I reckon you can cheat and buy those cheese slices rather than fine cut your own

Surprisingly good might be my best creation yet

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

I can imagine a standup comedian getting a good 45 seconds out of that line.

• Like 1

Occurred to me I've not been in here for a while .... You probably thought well he's already achieved food nirvana there is no need for him to return however tonight i have a new creation that Heston Oliver would be proud of

Nice fried fillet of cod then just before it had fully cooked i wrapped it inside some slices of roast beef alongside some finely cut slices of cheese and let it melt

Tbh i then got a wee bit lazy and whacked it in some bread at that point but I reckon it would have gone equally well with potato or something

For those of you not as confident in your abilities as myself I reckon you can cheat and buy those cheese slices rather than fine cut your own

Excellent, Tony. A new horizon in child nutrition. If you could just let me have your postcode and street number, I can nominate you to Social Services for one of their awards.

Excellent, Tony. A new horizon in child nutrition. If you could just let me have your postcode and street number, I can nominate you to Social Services for one of their awards.

Perhaps I can make the dinner for the awards ceremony :)

Ps ...Kids were fed by Mrs H long before I walked in the door from work so sleep easy

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â