Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Jimzk5

I have supported Villa since 1974 and this is the most god awful team in Villa shirts i have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!  All they seem to do is go through the motions of being a footballer!!  There is no desire, creativity, thinking outside the box, passion or drive to do anything, is this a sign of the times or what? 

I have supported Villa since 1974 and this is the most god awful team in Villa shirts i have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!  All they seem to do is go through the motions of being a footballer!!  There is no desire, creativity, thinking outside the box, passion or drive to do anything, is this a sign of the times or what? 

Who did you support before 1974?

Guys, there was a stat announced earlier and it stands out and says all you need to know about the Villa team at present. We haven't scored a first half goal at home this season. That just shows that we need to be up against it before showing some kind of response. We should be up for it right from the off but we never seem to play that way.

There's no coincidence that we have traditionally played well against the better teams. We are far better at playing on the counter attack and have been for a very long time. That's why we can't break the lesser teams down at home, because we can't open them up. They are happy to leave villa Park with a point, or, do a smash and grab job, so to speak.

I think that Gabby is largely to blame for this philosophy because we've learned to play using his pace on the break. I actually don't blame Gabby himself, just those who've decided that we should use him as our major threat. Look at the Arsenal game first match of the season. Gabby's pace at its best and we win the game at the team who have led the league for most of the season.

We are just woeful to watch at times and without our recent hero to get us out of the shite (Benteke) we look as ordinary as we've done for a very, very long time.