Weekends football 21/22 December

andykeenan

We are not competition with Everton this season....we are with Swansea so this is a good result.

Just looking at their next four fixtures...Chelsea away.....us away....Man. City home....Man. united away. Surely surely as long as we don't lose to them we'll be above them after those games?! Even Lambert can manage that one surely.

Everton two points off top...

And to think we were competing with them (and Spuds) not so long ago.

Me sad now.

Depressing, not something that Lambert can be blamed for either.

I am waiting for the Everton wheels to fal off, it will happen sometime. 6th is a realistic target for them. As for Barkley yes he has played well for about 10 games, but that doens't mean he is the new Gascoigne. Jack Rodwell anyone? Oh well its good for Everton as they can sell him for 35 millon to Manure in the summer.

I am waiting for the Everton wheels to fal off, it will happen sometime. 6th is a realistic target for them. As for Barkley yes he has played well for about 10 games, but that doens't mean he is the new Gascoigne. Jack Rodwell anyone? Oh well its good for Everton as they can sell him for 35 millon to Manure in the summer.

Me too, I think they will just fall short of top 4 as will Man U. I never knew what the fuss was about Rodwell. Barkley yes but I don[t think people should get carried away just yet, 

Barklay and rodwell are completely different type of players though, and even if you wanted to compare them, barklay has looked a whole lot better than rodwell ever has

Rodwell only moved to man city because they wanted to boost there home grown player quota.

Easy to forget they started with three underwhelming draws away to Norwich and Cardiff and home to West Brom. Lambert would've been hammered for a start like that (seeing as we have actually beaten two of those teams).

What turned it around was Everton selling Fellani (think his style hindered what Martinez wanted), replacing him with Barry + McCarthy so excellent midfield balance and getting Lukakau last minute otherwise it would've bene Kone or Jelavic upfront.

That and he was left with a fantastic defensive set up. Jagielka and Distin is a very underrated combination.

A lot of that was typical VT logic though.  Dave Whelan talks bollocks, some forumites will hold a lifelong grudge against him, his children, his children's children, his pets, his neighbours and his staff. 

• Like 1

I never saw the hype with Rodwell at all, decent player but never looked anything really special to and never seemed to take a game by the scruff of the neck. Barkley looks likes he's got far more in his locker to me and out of all the young English players, is the one I'm most excited by

Rodwell was all about potential. But you never know how someone will progress or how high their ceiling is. We'll never know now with him rotting in Citeh's reserves.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â