Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

Why is Bowery coming into the reckoning all of a sudden. He hasn't started a league game this season even when we had Benteke, Weimann and Gabby out.

Since he played well last year against them. Don't understand that reasoning myself, but that's it.

very tenuous line of reasoning i think. 

I think it's because he started there last season, one of his few starts. His size is useful against Stoke. I never said I wanted him to play, just that I reckoned he would. I do like him though, mainly for the wheelchair GIF!

Playing 3-5-2 would mean no Albrighton or width. Would be mad PL to do that with Stoke having both their first choice centre back pairing out injured. Knowing him though we will see KEA over Sylla aswell.

Bowery tends to come in when Gabby isn't around, pretty sure he started the West Ham and Fulham games in the second half of last season that Gabby was injured.

Wouldn't shock me if he started tomorrow but I think it will be a front two of Benteke- Kozak with Albrighton on the right.

Bowery tends to come in when Gabby isn't around, pretty sure he started the West Ham and Fulham games in the second half of last season that Gabby was injured.

Wouldn't shock me if he started tomorrow but I think it will be a front two of Benteke- Kozak with Albrighton on the right.

I think Benteke is out injured 

I think Benteke is out injured 

what makes you think that Paul? first i've heard.... :-(   bad news for me - I'm still expecting Christian to come good again, soon.

There will be width as well.

He's alive!

4-3-3 with wingers then? Hmm

There will be width as well.

Albrighton and Tonev putting crosses into Kozak?

Wouldn't be the worst shout would it considering lack of options?

Would be the best shout in my opinion, although would prefer to have two men up to rather than just Kozak.

Whilst I believe we'll see the midfield 3 of Delph, Westy and KEA with the wide boys playing into Kozak, part of me wonders how Weimann would get on being a support striker with Libor.

Being as HH says we'll have 4 at the back as well as hinting at Tonev and Albrighton starting: I guess it will be either a 4-5-1 with Delph or KEA pushing up further to support Kozak with Albrighton and Tonev on the flanks, or.. erm.. I dunno.. 

I'm baffled with this one to be honest.

Whilst I believe we'll see the midfield 3 of Delph, Westy and KEA with the wide boys playing into Kozak, part of me wonders how Weimann would get on being a support striker with Libor.

Being as HH says we'll have 4 at the back as well as hinting at Tonev and Albrighton starting: I guess it will be either a 4-5-1 with Delph or KEA pushing up further to support Kozak with Albrighton and Tonev on the flanks, or.. erm.. I dunno.. 

I'm baffled with this one to be honest.

Just hoping for a bit of quality in the deliveries from the flanks.

Has Tonev got a decent cross on him?

He was good on the wing in pre-season but he seems to have been positioned more in the middle when he has played in proper games. Looks a lot better when he is pushed out wide though, not spectacular but better than in the middle. His crossing isn't bad and he can do it with either foot which is good, especially being as their defence will be make-shift due to injuries. 

• Like 1

Tonev hasn't looked that great recently, that's me being kind to him. I'm not totally writing him off yet as I do think there's a player there but to me he looks the sort who'll go missing in a game like this when Stoke start getting physical and kick him a bit, we'll see.

Albrighton has to start really, played well last week and with Kozak starting we need someone who can whack in a cross or two. Up to him to show last week was not a one off, he realises he is playing for his future now.