Teams we can realistically finish above....

VillaChris

Don't think Newcastle are "dipping".

As I said in the match thread, my quiet ambition is for us to replace Southampton as the rising team in the top 9 - made a good start tonight!

However, need to keep quiet about this or will get lots of abuse from people telling me I should be grateful we are tenth.., (it's a "project", don't you know?)

They have Man. United away on saturday so a defeat there and without looking at their upcoming fixtures they could have one of those winless runs given they're a bit inconsistant like ourselves.

If we finish top 10, I'd be very pleased because I think that is what out current level is and it shows real progress under Lambert. Each season we should hopefully be aiming to jump up at least a few spots in the table till we are hovering in the 5th-7th zone (assuming our financial backing stays the same).

You expect us to eventually compete for 5th with the financial backing Lerner is giving Lambert now?

No chance

We are in a decent league position now. I think Swansea will eventually pass us. Newcastle and Southampton will finish comfortably above us.

11th or 12th looks realistic at this stage

If we finish top 10, I'd be very pleased because I think that is what out current level is and it shows real progress under Lambert. Each season we should hopefully be aiming to jump up at least a few spots in the table till we are hovering in the 5th-7th zone (assuming our financial backing stays the same). 

Under the current finances ,7th would be pretty much the limit of our ambitions in the foreseeable future

There is no chance of us finishing above MU, MC, Chelsea, Arse, Liverpool or Spurs. To be the best of the 14 teams beneath that would be a remarkable achievement if we are to do so on a shoestring

Bar last night aside I still think Southampton will have a decent season and come top 10.  Swansea will struggle after all the Europa matches as well. Newcastle are hard to predict and I would say we are as good as the rest of the teams in the league outside the top 7 or 8. I expect us to have a few bad runs before the end of the year so I am still sticking with 12th place, but we could come about 9th if things go well for us.

At the start of the season I said 50 points is a good target. I see no reason to change that, and we are on track for it.

I think (or at least I would like to think) we are in a mini league with Southampton Newcastle Swansea and West Brom for the spots between 8th and 12th. If we get 50 points we are guaranteed to finish within that bracket. We can't influence what the other teams do so it's not worth worrying about really. We more or less ripped everything up and started from scratch when Lambert came in. We are a long way behind the clubs like Southampton and Swansea in terms of squad/style development and stability. Their form or progress is none of our concern. 

What we do on the pitch and the number of points we can put on the board is all that matters.

They'll beat us next sunday and disappear into the horizon would be the logical thinking on that one.

Everytime I think Newcastle are about to dip they pull off a tremendous result even after Pardew got MOTM award aswell!

They do have some very good players in their first 11 in fairness, hopefully someone will actually sign Cabaye in January which will make them dip as he really does make them tick.

If you look a their results this season, they lost 4-0 to Man. City opening day, 2nd game was 0-0 at home to West Ham and 3rd game they were again drawing 0-0 at home to Fulham with 5 minutes left. Remy and Cabaye came on in that game and really those two have changed their season.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â