The Quiz Thread

mjmooney

Was at a charity quiz last night.

They ballsed it up good and proper.

Firstly, you could play your joker AFTER you'd heard all the questions for the round, which is a bit of a joke.

So we played ours after we got 8 out of 10 on a round (the questions were pretty hard so 8 was pretty good)

But the last round was music, and at this point we were 3rd, only 2 points behind first. They then inexplicably announced that the music round would score 2 points for the song title and 2 points for the artist. So 4 points per question available.

Then furthermore, a lot of people found the music round very easy. We didn't, because my mom is useless with music and the rest of us were born about 20 years after any of the songs they used were released. So we ended up getting like 10 or 12 points out of the possible 40. So we wouldn't have won anyway. BUT...

...some teams got like 36/38 out of 40 points, and THEN played their jokers.

So some teams got more points on the music round than we could have got in the rest of the quiz even if we'd got every answer right.

So we went from being 2 points off the lead going into the music round to losing by about 60 points.

Absolute farce. If it wasn't to raise money for a church social club I'd have burnt it to the ground.

Edited by Stevo985

What was the UK's first registered trademark?

Bass (brewery).

that's why you're on Brain of Britain and I'm not  :thumb:

Edited by tonyh29

• 3 weeks later...
Â