The Quiz Thread

mjmooney

Neither. I don't think I've become particularly Yorkshire. But you can be the judge.

I look forward to it.

I think my expectations might have been raised by the fact that a friend of mine moved to Yorkshire and after six months she was speaking like Freddie Truman, but only gruffer.

On enquiry, she told me that all the women speak like that in Hebden Bridge. 

But nevertheless I think Yorkshire is one of the great British accents. 

Neither. I don't think I've become particularly Yorkshire. But you can be the judge.

I look forward to it.

I think my expectations might have been raised by the fact that a friend of mine moved to Yorkshire and after six months she was speaking like Freddie Truman, but only gruffer.

The words "Yorkshire" and  "great"  in the same sentence .. there's something I never thought I'd see

I look forward to it.

The words "Yorkshire" and "great" in the same sentence .. there's something I never thought I'd see

Fantastic part of the country, the Dales and North Yorkshire especially.

What pop star was born in England, died in England, but was not English?

One of the Gibb brothers presumably ?

thought a couple of them were born on the Isle of Man which may not make them English !! But Robin was born in Manchester so could be him ... Though I always assumed he lived in America and thus died there

Â