The Quiz Thread

mjmooney

80s? I'm not going anywhere near that.

I went near it precisely because I hate 80s music. Know your enemy and all that :) Got 10 all the same. Although 2 or 3 of them were basic hangman tactic guesses which then revealed the obvious.

My money's on Xann to get the 16.

9 out of 16 with many just guessing the right letters and making word puzzles. Never heard of Asia.

Here is a quote: "Im gonna get drunk and offend as many 80's musicians that is humanly possible"

Didn't have to pay and have never heard of Slate before (yes I know it goes on a roof and under meals in a poncy restaurant :P)

Never heard of Asia.

Giant land mass to the east.

Haha.

Actually an AOR/prog rock 'supergroup'.

Asia (often stylized as ASIA) is a Britishprogressive rock band. The band was formed in 1981 as a supergroup of four members from different progressive rockbands, namely John Wetton (former bassist/vocalist of bands including King Crimson, Family, Roxy Music, Uriah Heep, UKand Wishbone Ash), Steve Howe (guitarist ofYes), Geoff Downes (keyboardist of Yes andThe Buggles) and drummer Carl Palmer (ofEmerson, Lake & Palmer, The Crazy World of Arthur Brown, and Atomic Rooster). 

(Wikipedia, can't easily link URL on Tapatalk) Edited by mjmooney

What weapon was responsible for plate armor replacing mail armor in Medieval times?

Gut instinct says the long bow.....but then bodkins were a thing. 

Actually..... this is one that is over thought. I'm going to say swords. You can slash and hack through mail but you can't do that with plate armour. 

Swords. 

Nah, you can't slash through mail. That's the whole point of it, isn't it?

Valyrian steel cuts through mail. /GoT 

You could easily stab through mail with a thin sword or dagger. A poleaxe or halberd are going to cut through it because of the power of swing that can be generated....or stabbed using the pointy bit.  

Wiki says no (but also possible means my answer was wrong, but I won't include that bit ;) )

Mail armour provided an effective defence against slashing blows by an edged weapon and penetration by thrusting and piercing weapons; in fact, a study conducted at the Royal Armouries at Leeds concluded that "it is almost impossible to penetrate using any conventional medieval weapon"

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â