The Quiz Thread

mjmooney

• 4 weeks later...

Lost out on tonight's quiz's rollover/gamble question (we won the picture quiz and tied the main quiz).

Tiebreaker question (nearest the bull type thing): In km, how long is the River Severn?

Gamble question: In what year did the first regularly scheduled daily airline service between Paris and London begin? (+/- 3 years)

The length of the river one is a good TB, but not ones with a date.

We once got asked the date of the battle of Bannockburn as a TB. Piss easy, 1314. Some woman looked at me in astonishment and said "Bloody hell, what were the odds against you guessing that bang-on?" When I told her I didn't guess, I knew, she was even more gobsmacked.

The date one wasn't a tie breaker - that was for us to gamble our win for the 'rollover prize' (and we picked the difficult one according to the chap in charge).

The answers given by the bods put forward by each team for the river were:

Them: 220km

Us: 350km

Answer: 354km.

Edit: Actually, we'd have been tied 4km either side with Bicks (if he'd converted his answer to km).

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

We had a quiz at a work's Christmas do a few years back to win an ipad. It came down to a tie breaker question which was 'How many light's on the Rockefeller Christmas tree?'

Neither of them had a clue. The first person guessed 200, so the second person said 201.

The answer was 45,000.

He wasn't happy.

The date one wasn't a tie breaker - that was for us to gamble our win for the 'rollover prize' (and we picked the difficult one according to the chap in charge).

The answers given by the bods put forward by each team for the river were:

Them: 220km

Us: 350km

Answer: 354km.

Edit: Actually, we'd have been tied 4km either side with Bicks (if he'd converted his answer to km).

Couldn't be arsed converting plus its a British river, its length should be in miles :D

• Like 2

Its got to be a fruit that is common in America, might not be so common here as the Americans were the ones that started to mass produce penicillin during the war iirc.

So my guess is Watermelon

Its got to be a fruit that is common in America, might not be so common here as the Americans were the ones that started to mass produce penicillin during the war iirc.

So my guess is Watermelon

close

• 3 weeks later...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â