Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

We spent a lot of money on Kozak for him to be just backup. Considering how tight finances are, I would be surprised if Kozak isn't seen as a starter, especially once Benteke leaves, whenever that may be.

We didn't spend that much. I haven't seen anything to suggest that Kozak is seen as Benteke's long-term replacement.

£7 million is a significant outlay for us nowadays - too much for us to be paying out for benchwarmers. I haven't seen anything to suggest he isn't seen as a long term replacement. Neither of us can possibly know, though, and plans can change, so we can leave it there.

We spent a lot of money on Kozak for him to be just backup. Considering how tight finances are, I would be surprised if Kozak isn't seen as a starter, especially once Benteke leaves, whenever that may be.

We didn't spend that much. I haven't seen anything to suggest that Kozak is seen as Benteke's long-term replacement.

£7 million is a significant outlay for us nowadays - too much for us to be paying out for benchwarmers. I haven't seen anything to suggest he isn't seen as a long term replacement. Neither of us can possibly know, though, and plans can change, so we can leave it there.

Apparently it was less than that.

And what have you seen to suggest he is a long-term replacement? He was limited to substitute appearances mostly before his injury (apart from some starts when Benteke was injured and out of form). To say he's going to be Benteke's long-term replacement just because we spent a bit of money on him is a bit of a weak argument.

• Like 1

I think Holt is to Lambert what Heskey was to MON.

He's someone he knows, likes, have worked with before and knows what to expect from. He won't be pulling up threes,  but he'll do his best.

If there is a chance to sign him on the cheap in the summer i think Lambert might.

Hopefully by then something will have changed at the club so this won't be an issue, but if not i fear it might happen. 

What, because Lambert loaned him in when our main backup striker got injured? If Lambert loves Holt so much why didn't he get him earlier and on a permanent basis?

You'll have to ask one of our inhouse ITK's that im afraid. Im sure they'll be more than happy to shed some light on any transfer questions you might have

Disappointed that Lambert didn't get a number 10 but as he has brought too many number 2's it may be a good thing.

We will not go down this season, our home form is dire but maybe the performance against the Baggies might be the start of some relief for those that attend.

I have zero faith in anyone at VP, Lerner is non existent, Faulkner is..........no I have no idea what this muppet does, Lambert just seems to be bumbling his way through and I cringe when the camera's do a shot of him on the line as he just looks lost.

I really don't care about signing loads of players as if they are of the "quality" of Tonev, KEA, Westwood, Lowton, Kozak, Bowery etc then what's the point? All are below average and will not improve the awful rubbish served up for the majority of games this season.

I'm guessing I'll be told to wait and see what happens in the summer, I will and I always will but as I have said I have zero faith in those that currently run our club to change things for the better. Watching a once great club turn into a nothing club before my eyes is what hurts most.

If Lambert loves Holt so much why didn't he get him earlier and on a permanent basis?

Could be something to do with the fact that, until July last year, he would have had to bought him from Norwich. You may have noticed that there is a slight issue in that area.  :)

• Like 1

If Lambert loves Holt so much why didn't he get him earlier and on a permanent basis?

Could be something to do with the fact that, until July last year, he would have had to bought him from Norwich. You may have noticed that there is a slight issue in that area.  :)

Pretty sure if he really wanted to he could've got it done. If we threw £5m at them for him they probably would've budged.

Edited by Mantis

Disappointed that Lambert didn't get a number 10 but as he has brought too many number 2's it may be a good thing.

We will not go down this season, our home form is dire but maybe the performance against the Baggies might be the start of some relief for those that attend.

I have zero faith in anyone at VP, Lerner is non existent, Faulkner is..........no I have no idea what this muppet does, Lambert just seems to be bumbling his way through and I cringe when the camera's do a shot of him on the line as he just looks lost.

I really don't care about signing loads of players as if they are of the "quality" of Tonev, KEA, Westwood, Lowton, Kozak, Bowery etc then what's the point? All are below average and will not improve the awful rubbish served up for the majority of games this season.

I'm guessing I'll be told to wait and see what happens in the summer, I will and I always will but as I have said I have zero faith in those that currently run our club to change things for the better. Watching a once great club turn into a nothing club before my eyes is what hurts most.

Massive over-reaction!

The level of expectation of some posters beggars belief - I've watched us play in Div 3, so 10th place (and on the rise) in the toughest league in the world is not a "nothing club". 

I've seen plenty of players in claret and blue worse than KEA, Westwood, Lowton, Kozak etc etc (not sure about worse than Tonev so far mind)

A slight improvement next season would see us top eight - if you expect us to win the league every year youre supporting the wrong team

• Like 4

Pretty sure if he really wanted to he could've got it done. If we threw £5m at them for him they probably would've budged.

i thought we had finished doing that?

I agree, but apparently Lambert absolutely loves Holt.

Fulham sign Lewis Holtby and Konstantinos Mitroglou, Palace sign Tom Ince and Joe Ledley, Cardiff sign Wilfred Zaha and West Ham decide to recreate the Italian Job in London with three individuals from Serie A, Marco Borriello, Antonio Nocerino and Pablo Armero. The relegation battle just got a bit more interesting. 

RL's lack of backing proves further he wants to sell the club, hopefully asap. Poor choice of signings e.g. Tonev, Bennett and Holt didn't help but the only thing we know now is its going to be a few emotional months.

Edited by Avflife

We did spend at least 4m pounds on Kozak which in the grand scheme of things seems very strange when we can't afford or find an AM for that price which I and many others think is a much more important improvement on the team.

Fulham sign Lewis Holtby and Konstantinos Mitroglou, Palace sign Tom Ince and Joe Ledley, Cardiff sign Wilfred Zaha and West Ham decide to recreate the Italian Job in London with three individuals from Serie A, Marco Borriello, Antonio Nocerino and Pablo Armero. The relegation battle just got a bit more interesting. 

RL's lack of backing proves further he wants to sell the club, hopefully asap. Poor choice of signings e.g. Tonev, Bennett and Holt didn't help but the only thing we know now is its going to be a few emotional months.

Is it? If we carry on as we are (inconsistent but steady mid-table) then I predict it'll be a lot less emotional than last season.

We did spend at least 4m pounds on Kozak which in the grand scheme of things seems very strange when we can't afford or find an AM for that price which I and many others think is a much more important improvement on the team.

I don't think it's strange, whether you agree with it or not I think Lambert just prioritised back-up for Benteke more than he did an AM.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

I agree, but apparently Lambert absolutely loves Holt.

Edited by sne

If we had of been in the bottom 3 we would have made the kind of signings Fulham have.

it suggests to me, yes, he is trying to sell up albeit, i would like to hear him come out and say it, rather than speculate.

right now we are in HDE territory.....don't know how it is going to unfold.

not convinced with this summer is the prime time theory.....no time seems right for us.

Is it? If we carry on as we are (inconsistent but steady mid-table) then I predict it'll be a lot less emotional than last season.

I don't think it's strange, whether you agree with it or not I think Lambert just prioritised back-up for Benteke more than he did an AM.

Points tally from the next four games please Mantis and Kozak cost 7m btw ;)

I personally think the 4m (at least) purchase for Kozak (all though he's done well) was strange when most of us felt that we really did need an AM.

I really like Lambert but I just feel that we could have done with Gabby or even Helenius as an attacker and could have used the money to buy an attacking/creative midfielder.

I think our poor form in the first half of the season was largely due to our forwards struggling but also partly due to the integration of a significant number of new players into the first team.

Cardiff and Fulham have signed some very decent players but if they try to shoe horn them all into the team took quickly they may struggle to get the team work going for the first 8-10 games which just might be a bit late for them, Fulham especially.

We can hope anyway I guess.

I bet we're fine and the same old hystria as last year is shown up even worse this year. I also bet one team (at least) people are jealous of get relegated, as happened last year.

I also think Ryan Bertrand is one of the best signings of the january transfer window.

• Like 1

Like most I'm disappointed we haven't signed anybody else but given how we've been playing lately - I can understand why we weren't desperate and not prepared to go above and beyond what we thought was a fair price for a player. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â