Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Delph is still improving. There's more to come. I may yet be proved wrong that he is not a goal-scoring midfielder. (For now I stick with my comparison to Ramires). We won't sell him this transfer window.

Don't rule out possibility we sell him over the summer, especially if he scores more and goes with England squad to Brazil. Might even be sold to a foreign club,

Club just might want to cash in on a player who takes up a disproportionate chunk of wage bill and who is possibly also injury prone.

disproportionate? the guy has been our best player this season and performed very well in the final third of last season.  I dare say to get him to sign a new contract would take around 40k a week. We won't get anywhere by cashing in on our best players just because they want the going rate.

It would be a big mistake to let Delph go and would send out completely the wrong message.

I agree, its nonsense to say that you can sell your best players and hope to improve. We must keep Delph.

So Fulham are getting Holtby and Mitroglou, Crystal Palace are signing Dann and Ledley, and we don't really know what our plans are (if any). I will be massively disappointed though if we fail to sign a creative midfielder for the 3rd transfer window in a row.

I think it's staggered, so not like receiving £100m straight away - but it's still a significant increase from what they were budgeting on.

I think the way the £100m figure is arrived at is to add the expected TV revenue (£50-60m) to the parachute payment should they go back down (£60m), or whatever prize money they earn from staying up. So they don't get £100m+ put in their bank account. They get the TV money same as the established premier league sides.

Yep that's the way I saw it. I don't think promoted teams have a financial advantage like implied in the original post.

I think it's staggered, so not like receiving £100m straight away - but it's still a significant increase from what they were budgeting on.

I think the way the £100m figure is arrived at is to add the expected TV revenue (£50-60m) to the parachute payment should they go back down (£60m), or whatever prize money they earn from staying up. So they don't get £100m+ put in their bank account. They get the TV money same as the established premier league sides.

Yep that's the way I saw it. I don't think promoted teams have a financial advantage like implied in the original post.

I still think they are at an advantage compared to us though, as coming from the championship they have squads on lower wages and can therefore afford to splash the cash a bit more than we can, if you understand me.

So Fulham are getting Holtby and Mitroglou, Crystal Palace are signing Dann and Ledley, and we don't really know what our plans are (if any). I will be massively disappointed though if we fail to sign a creative midfielder for the 3rd transfer window in a row.

3rd? more like 13th

dunno if it's been posted yet?

Dutch media linking us to Jens Toornstra.

http://www.soccernews.nl/news/232159/Aston_Villa_wil_FC_Utrecht_beroven_van_sterkhouder

Goal scoring midfielder sign him up

Yes please!

8 in 15 league appearances this season, 12 in 15 last season (according to ESPN, I don't know the numbers off the top of my head) plays in the hole. Utrecht aren't doing too well this season but he is still shining I know that much, he can do this too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovIdG5cD4fs

Edited by samjp26

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â