Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Scored a goal every 209 minutes in the Premiership for Norwich. Not too bad and he will be good for the young lads hopefully.  

Yeah I'm sure Benteke can't wait to learn from legend that is Grant Holt. 

Benteke is far from the finished article. You dont think it might be good for him to maybe learn some things from an experienced striker?

Good grief. Last season Benteke scored 1 goal less than Holt has scored in the last 3 seasons. Benteke is not going to learn anything from Grant Holt, who may actually learn a few things from Benteke.

Fair enough thats your opinion. My opinion is that Benteke still has a lot to learn and an experienced striker could teach him something and maybe some of the other young players we have.

Its a 6 month loan deal so I don't see why everyone is melting. I'm not saying I'm excited by this signing but as long as we get in some other players in key positions by the end of January then I don't have a problem.  If we sign an AM and a left sided winger then it should transform us in an attacking sense.  We need to get crosses into the box and the 2 type of player I mentioned will help us have a different dimension to our game.  

Some of you cheer any shit to support the manager. We've had fans pleased to sign nahki wells, dale stevens and now grant holt.

No one's "cheering" anything, some people just aren't overreacting to a backup loan signing. As I said, I'm not over the moon about this but why are people being so hysterical?

At this point I think Lerner/Lambert and Faulkner are actually taking the piss.

Based on? This is clearly a reaction to the Kozak injury. If the rest of the window's transfer activity is disappointing then that would've been the case regardless of whether we got Holt or not.

Besides, I doubt Lerner or Faulkner told Lambert to go for Holt.

There are many better options out there as a Kozak replacement. We do not need to bring in a thug of a player who cant make the starting 11 at Wigan.

I agree that there are better options, but is signing Holt on loan as cover really something to get so upset about? (not referring to anyone in particular)

• Like 1

Surely this is as a back up as Kozak is injured and to put the competition for places back up front again as lets face it Benteke and Weimann have been bang out of form..a thing which competition for your place often resolves. I honestly havn't got a problem with it.. it's only a short term loan by the looks so what would we prefer? Holt or a young unproven player to go with the rest of them? His experience could prove crucial in the run in... What happens if Benteke got injured again with no Kozak either? ....Bowery?... Then we get to summer, loan ends presumably we hopefully avert relegation and start again (Or i guess i should say then "We go again") 

It shows the kind of football lambert wants to persist with. How on earth can a player who can't get into a championship team going to perform to a good standard in the prem? Its a pathetic signing.

It doesn't really show anything other than he wants to have back-up with Kozak out.

Think people are reading way too much into this.

• Like 1

Some of you cheer any shit to support the manager. We've had fans pleased to sign nahki wells, dale stevens and now grant holt.

No one's "cheering" anything, some people just aren't overreacting to a backup loan signing. As I said, I'm not over the moon about this but why are people being so hysterical?

At this point I think Lerner/Lambert and Faulkner are actually taking the piss.

Based on? This is clearly a reaction to the Kozak injury. If the rest of the window's transfer activity is disappointing then that would've been the case regardless of whether we got Holt or not.

Besides, I doubt Lerner or Faulkner told Lambert to go for Holt.

There are many better options out there as a Kozak replacement. We do not need to bring in a thug of a player who cant make the starting 11 at Wigan.

I agree that there are better options, but is signing Holt on loan as cover really something to get so upset about? (not referring to anyone in particular)

For me I think it just shows where the club currently thinks we can compete. It shows how low our ambition is.

If was on the back of a good midfield purchase then maybe I would be happy. But as our first business in the window, it smacks of being small time.

You should be upset about it as it is PL taking a flag and staking it to the ground in "I have no other ideas" territory.

I honestly would not have cared about playing Bowery the rest of the season, but signing Holt is an intent that he's abandoning this so called plan to the wind for something familiar and comfortable. I would have been 100% behind him if he kept sticking to it and playing the squad he has and trying to get someone with promise.

It might be a loan for 6 months and Holt might only play 20 minutes every other game, but I have never been more disappointed in PL than right now

Scored a goal every 209 minutes in the Premiership for Norwich. Not too bad and he will be good for the young lads hopefully.  

Yeah I'm sure Benteke can't wait to learn from legend that is Grant Holt. 

Benteke is far from the finished article. You dont think it might be good for him to maybe learn some things from an experienced striker?

Good grief. Last season Benteke scored 1 goal less than Holt has scored in the last 3 seasons. Benteke is not going to learn anything from Grant Holt, who may actually learn a few things from Benteke.

Fair enough thats your opinion. My opinion is that Benteke still has a lot to learn and an experienced striker could teach him something and maybe some of the other young players we have.

Its a 6 month loan deal so I don't see why everyone is melting. I'm not saying I'm excited by this signing but as long as we get in some other players in key positions by the end of January then I don't have a problem.  If we sign an AM and a left sided winger then it should transform us in an attacking sense.  We need to get crosses into the box and the 2 type of player I mentioned will help us have a different dimension to our game.  

Holte is a medieval striker, I wouldnt'nt want Benteke to learn off him.

It shows the kind of football lambert wants to persist with. How on earth can a player who can't get into a championship team going to perform to a good standard in the prem? Its a pathetic signing.

It doesn't really show anything other than he wants to have back-up with Kozak out.

Yeah replacing a slow target man with a slow target man doesnt show anything on how we aim to play football in the future.

For me I think it just shows where the club currently thinks we can compete. It shows how low our ambition is.

If was on the back of a good midfield purchase then maybe I would be happy. But as our first business in the window, it smacks of being small time.

It doesn't really show anything about our ambition if you take into account what the deal will be and why we're doing it.

Why does it smack of being small time? The window isn't even over yet! Don't see why it matters what comes first.

Yeah replacing a slow target man with a slow target man doesnt show anything on how we aim to play football in the future.

Not when it's just a loan deal to cover a player that'll be out for the rest of the season.

Edited by Mantis

mate posted this on facebook

Watching a bunch of no hopers in a deprived area of Birmingham, with a bit of discipline and direction they could amount to something but society has given up on them and now they are on the scrapheap, destined just to get abuse on social media. Hopefully they'll pull one back in the second half!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â