Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

On this number ten type player Lambert is supposedly after, I feel it needs to either be someone who isn't getting in for a better team (e.g. Sigurdsson), or someone who is getting in for an equal or worse team. Would really rather not have someone struggling to get in for Norwich.

The last time we had a club insider starting mentioned a very exciting signing was on the way was January 2011 and Darren Bent turned up.

It didn't quite work out in the end for him here but I remember I was buzzing that night when we confirmed the signing. We beat Man. City on his debut and we picked up for a bit after that. Shows the effect a good signing can have on the whole club, at least for a month although with the budget I don't expect Lambert to come up with anything like that.

Sigurdsson on loan would do very nicely. Someone who can score goals from midfield and is creative. He was fantastic at Swansea playing just off the main striker, less so at Spurs where he's played more wide but fair to say he's better than anything we've got.

Well, HH never said we would have a "meltdown" signing so I wouldn't expect a big money signing but I'm interested who this loan player could be.

On this number ten type player Lambert is supposedly after, I feel it needs to either be someone who isn't getting in for a better team (e.g. Sigurdsson), or someone who is getting in for an equal or worse team. Would really rather not have someone struggling to get in for Norwich.

Peter Whittingham - Cardiff

Who is exciting that would potentially be up for loan? Zaha? You gotta look at Spurs for loan signings, they've ended up well over stacking their midfield. Reports going round that Lamela wants a loan or move to keep his World Cup hopes alive for Argentina, that would probably be a meltdown type caliber loan signing. Hardly getting a look in at Spurs, they might feel a loan to a Premier League club may do him the world of good for the future, as they invested a lot in him, wouldn't want him on the bench all the time. Unlikely deal though I'd imagine for us. De Bruyne of Chelsea would also be another exciting loan.

Can't see Milner happening, seems to get just about enough game time for Man City. Manager likes to bring him on every game he doesn't start for them. With them competing in all competitions, they'll want to keep hold of Milner I'd imagine.

Who is exciting that would potentially be up for loan? Zaha? You gotta look at Spurs for loan signings, they've ended up well over stacking their midfield. Reports going round that Lamela wants a loan or move to keep his World Cup hopes alive for Argentina, that would probably be a meltdown type caliber loan signing. Hardly getting a look in at Spurs, they might feel a loan to a Premier League club may do him the world of good for the future, as they invested a lot in him, wouldn't want him on the bench all the time. Unlikely deal though I'd imagine for us. De Bruyne of Chelsea would also be another exciting loan.

Lamela is well off the pace, he's a million miles from being the answer.

Without Benteke on form, we look pretty toothless and you can't see that changing dramatically in the foreseeable. De Bruyne could be the catalyst, obviously, but are we clutching at straws thinking he'd come to us? In fact we might be clutching at straws thinking anyone of any note would fancy a move to B6.

I think we might be going with what we've got tbh and it is'nt good enough by any means.

Well he'd come to us on loan just so he can get a game time. Whether we would pay his wages is more the question!

• Like 1

A few players that would fit the description of the permanent transfer we are trying to sign after a look at premier league squad lists :   

Bryan Ruiz(Fulham), Jordan Mutch(Cardiff), Graham Dorrans(WBA), Wes Hoolahan(Norwich), Do Prado(Southampton), Vaz Te(West Ham).    

I personally think Ruiz could be the one. He is not getting his game and he will want to be playing building up to the world cup.His contract is up in the summer of 2015 so should be cheap enough. 

Also HH said we after a loan, he said it will be a player the fans know so that could mean a player that has played for us before. All former players in the league atm that we could realistically target(take some with a pinch of salt   ;)) : 

Young(Man Utd), Milner(Man City), Whittingham(Cardiff),Gardner(Sunderland), Routledge(Swansea), Davis(Southampton), Downing(West Ham).

Edited by Bunnski
  • Like 1

Brian Ruiz is one of the laziest footballers playing in the premier league, has shown only fleeting flashes of his skill in 3 seasons and is pocketing 52k a week at Fulham.

sign him up.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â