Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Would lads take 30 million for benteke in jan and buy a striker and a creative midfielder out of that ???

As dodgyknees suggests, history tells us that only a portion of that money would get re-invested back into the playing staff. Probably a very small portion.

If he were to leave in January then no billy bob bullshit, we need cash, minimum 30+ and all off that reinvested in the squad. Maybe not in the same window but at least by the summer. I expect an AM, another midfielder and a striker in January. If that is not gonna happen, then I am starting to doubt this project as well. I jus`t dont see how they can expect Lambert to find gems on a yearly basis with such limited funds in this league. I always thought the wages and such was only to balance up the squad and get some of the high earners out. I would say Lambert has done a damn good job so far in that department, he deserves more.

• Like 1

I do feel the tide is turning against Lerner, rightly so. He 'the custodian' should be held responsible and accountable. He isn't turning up because he knows damn well fans will turn on him, he hangs Lambert out to dry.

At least Doug had the bollocks to front up to it.

**** off Randy you weasel.

Edited by dodgyknees

I'm feeling the pain with everyone else with the lack of investment so take this as a genuine question.

Arent we running the club as we are now required to do in order to meet FFP rules that are shortly coming in to place?

Short of getting around the rules as the Citys and PSG's have done aren't we now back to being limited by the clubs income which for all our history isn't that great.

I'm feeling the pain with everyone else with the lack of investment so take this as a genuine question.

Arent we running the club as we are now required to do in order to meet FFP rules that are shortly coming in to place?

Short of getting around the rules as the Citys and PSG's have done aren't we now back to being limited by the clubs income which for all our history isn't that great.

We should be in a position where we can spend more than we are, bottom four budget right now, it'll kill us.

We should keep him until summer if he scores a few in the World Cup that will add a few million & could start a bidding war. In jan we need to get in a cam, sumone to unlock defences this will transform our play at home

The way lukaku is playing I'm not sure benteke will get many minutes at the world cup. The Belgium manager seems to have a either or approach.

We should keep him until summer if he scores a few in the World Cup that will add a few million & could start a bidding war. In jan we need to get in a cam, sumone to unlock defences this will transform our play at home

I agree we need to hold onto him but we really need a midfielder that would unlock a defense especially at villa park

i dont think villa will spend, lets face it RL & PL think the way forward is "cheap hungry players"..whats the point bring in another player like sylla from d2 france?

were on course for a lower wage bill , this in turn will see lower gates,so less demand on results.

i thing PL could not pick up a point from the next four games & he will still keep his job,this matches randys ambition these days..hence no point changing manager.

Yeah it's such a shame Randy isn't like some other "ambitious" chairmen who sack managers on a whim.

Fantastic relevant point to both the thread and points made in it.

Bravo.

He is also not a chairman who appoints..say... A shit manager, or a heart attack in waiting, nor does he screw up the finances.

We, we are blessed.

You've got it all wrong, Lerner is truly one of the worst chairman ever to enter English football. I wish we had someone like Vincent Tan or Assem Allam instead.

In fairness, he can be a poor owner without being the worst owner ever to grace the Premiership. Just because there are worse owners, it doesn't mean we have to approve of him.

(Though the idea of there being worse owners in the Premiership is certainly something that could atleast be debated)

If he were to leave in January then no billy bob bullshit, we need cash, minimum 30+ and all off that reinvested in the squad. Maybe not in the same window but at least by the summer. I expect an AM, another midfielder and a striker in January. If that is not gonna happen, then I am starting to doubt this project as well. I jus`t dont see how they can expect Lambert to find gems on a yearly basis with such limited funds in this league. I always thought the wages and such was only to balance up the squad and get some of the high earners out. I would say Lambert has done a damn good job so far in that department, he deserves more.

Problem is on current form he's not worth anywhere near £30m. 

He's been found out big time IMO. Should have cashed in in the summer. If nothing else he should be pulling up trees for his WC place and even that doesn't seem to appear to motivate him. He will be Villa player this time next year. No doubts. 

You've got it all wrong, Lerner is truly one of the worst chairman ever to enter English football. I wish we had someone like Vincent Tan or Assem Allam instead.

Another shit point.

We could name worse players than heskey and worse managers than McLeish. Does that mean you'd be happy with them being here?

Another shit point.

We could name worse players than heskey and worse managers than McLeish. Does that mean you'd be happy with them being here?

Yes a shit point to counter other shit points.

I never said I was happy with him being here.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â