Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

This isn't a team is it? It's just a rabble of men standing around in a certain area not really knowing what to do. Unbalanced and un-organised. I really think questions need to be asked as to why this has happened and how we can be this bad. And no, a few injuries aren't relevant.

• Like 1

Some encouraging play going forward against a myriad of nervousness and simple mistakes. Midfield is getting overloaded, Sylla and KEA do not offer a great deal. Kozak was very unlucky to score. Benteke missed a great chance and Tonev has had two decent chances. So, it's not like we have been totally out of the game. We are affording too much space to Long and playing too high of a line. There's no coverage on the right side and Tonev is switching off from his defensive duties.

If we score early, there's still a small chance we could get back into this match but I think Lambert needs a change of tactic. Benteke is being closed down every time he touches the ball.

Most teams would struggle conceding so early and it certainly showed, hence the score line. Food for thought but not embarrassing by any stretch. A fairly even, if frenetic last 20 minutes to the half.

This formation does not work. We have 3 centre backs and a winger in defence, 3 defensive minded midfielders and then a huge gap between Benteke. Kozak and Tonev who doesn't even know where he's playing by the look of it.

Two big men, no support and no winger to cross it to them. Brilliant.

• Like 2

i cant believe lambert went with the cardiff team, it was **** shite against cardiff and its shite again tonight. wba are much better than cardiff, we all knew it wasnt going to work so im baffled as to why lambert thought it would. did he have his eyes shut for the first 70 against cardiff?

digraceful stuff all round

What do you expect? We have a manager working on a budget set to survive on the cheap. And that's what we'll do.

A bunch of average players. I'm just getting bored of watching such awful football.

I expect a team to work harder, particularly in a derby regardless of what transfer budget we have/had. 

Since the goals we've been the better team. If we had Gabby and Delph fit I'd fancy us to get back into this. Still on the arse end of injuries I'm afraid.

Apart from the other 3 good chances they've had?  We haven't been the better team at all.

Some people see things one way, some people see things the other. We've also had chances, and we've seen more of the ball.

Darren I appreciate you are a positive person but jeez mate that is OTT - there were no positives there surely?

wow, el hamadi looks shit, westwood is trying his best to be bannan, sylla looks clueless, bacuna out of sorts, clark half decent half utter shit, tonev has the touch of a rapist, baker shakey

sort this out lambert

massive miss not having players who will run and close down like delph and gabby and weimann, shows how hoof we become without pace.

its embarrassing

why play it for 15 seconds at the back only to give it to clark who then passes it to the keeper?

get on lowton for sylla or el hamadi ( both have been shit), push bacuna up get tonev off for gabby

cant have so many negative midfielders on the pitch with 3 centre halves.

may as well switch to 3 at the back and push bacuna up at this rate because we are playing hoof ball, may as well have the extra man further up the pitch

im annoyed at quite how shit we are playing today because a good deal of it is down to the manager picking the wrong players in the wrong formation

you need pace against the likes of olson not big forwards, he always has benteke in his pocket

It's still the midfield that is the primary culprit. KEA jogging around and passing backward every time he has the ball is maddening. Tonev is selfish, Westwood and Sylla just make up the numbers. Benteke has been our best midfielder tonight!

Just a really awful first half. We are second to everything. Ok the first goal was a world class first touch but Bacuna for the 2nd. We have had a couple of half chances. The shot from Tonev I thought might be the turning point for him but he's been awful since then. Our midfield have been outplayed and apart from Vlaar the defence vunerable.

What do you expect? We have a manager working on a budget set to survive on the cheap. And that's what we'll do.

A bunch of average players. I'm just getting bored of watching such awful football.

Same team that was 2-0 up last season. Stop over reacting week in week out.