Weather...

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Thoughts and prayers everyone BBC is telling me that here in Stafford its 16000mph winds. Not going to lie, might be a good day to get the washing out. 

Climate change ennit. 😂

21 minutes ago, sidcow said:

So was this Hurricane massively under strength in the end? 

Bit underwhelming yeah. Listening to the media, I was expecting they would have build arks and.... well you know the rest 

24 minutes ago, sidcow said:

So was this Hurricane massively under strength in the end? 

It weakened a lot on landfall mostly due to ground level wind speed not hitting the highest peaks, which is apparently due to the conditions not aligning correctly. Essentially they got lucky with it. It'll still have done some severe damage, particularly from the surge, but on another day it would be much, much worse.

Just now, Chindie said:

It weakened a lot on landfall mostly due to ground level wind speed not hitting the highest peaks, which is apparently due to the conditions not aligning correctly. Essentially they got lucky with it. It'll still have done some severe damage, particularly from the surge, but on another day it would be much, much worse.

God saved them. Obviously. 

• Haha 1

Problem with this is they had built it up to such an extent that next time they have one people might not take it so seriously.

It's a damned if you do and damned if you don't kind of situation isn't it.

And I'm now just waiting for Trump to start criticising the Government for over exaggerating it and spouting figures about home much they've cost honest citizens and businesses etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Not the ones that died though, he wasn’t so bothered about saving them.

2 people so far. Sounds like final destination. Imagine being the 2 killed amongst the millions that survived.

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

2 people so far. Sounds like final destination. Imagine being the 2 killed amongst the millions that survived.

It’s at least 4 people, and that’s on the east coast where the hurricane didn’t land.

• Like 1

This is a country where it costs thousand$ for simple medical treatment.

Not being in sewage filled floodwater maybe saving lives and bankruptcies, even now the worst of the storm's effects have passed.

Today of all days the BBC Weather app has a meltdown…my local forecast is a wind speed of just under 15 500 mph 😳

Thoughts with all those affected by Hurricane Milton though, on a more serious note. 

The hurricane randomly got me thinking about which bits of the USA don't suffer from some sort of extreme weather (e.g. hurricanes, tornadoes, forest fires, earthquakes, volcanoes, blizzards/extreme colds, extreme heat)? My USA geography isn't amazing but it seems most of the country gets something like that which just seems odd to someone from the fairly temperate UK.

29 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

The hurricane randomly got me thinking about which bits of the USA don't suffer from some sort of extreme weather (e.g. hurricanes, tornadoes, forest fires, earthquakes, volcanoes, blizzards/extreme colds, extreme heat)? My USA geography isn't amazing but it seems most of the country gets something like that which just seems odd to someone from the fairly temperate UK.

Maybe Seattle?  I only say that as it's known for it's Britain like wet climate.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Maybe Seattle?  I only say that as it's known for it's Britain like wet climate.

Seattle is Pacific coast and therefore on the 'ring of fire', so suffers from earthquakes, and it's state, Washington, has volcanoes.

If you're including extremes of temperature, there's basically nowhere on the US that doesn't have some form of weather or geological threat.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â