Weather...

13 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's a lot of debris around from the last one that this one is going to pick up and toss around.

The warning from the Mayor of Tampa was pretty stark - if you stay here, you will die.

It's a big one.

I was just looking at the news reports. Piles and piles of timber and other detritus lying around in piles. That's going to turn into deadly projectiles everywhere. 

This is going to decimate wildlife too. 

Mankind just destroying the environment with climate change again. Still as long as you can run you're able to run your 5 litre truck who cares. 

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I was just looking at the news reports. Piles and piles of timber and other detritus lying around in piles. That's going to turn into deadly projectiles everywhere. 

This is going to decimate wildlife too. 

Mankind just destroying the environment with climate change again. Still as long as you can run you're able to run your 5 litre truck who cares. 

Did you not hear? Climate change is hoax..

...mate

• Like 1

I caught one of those live stream CCTV channels which was focusing on various areas getting hammered by the beginnings of the storm in Florida, and they have that eerie 'place is deserted' vibe after everyone has decided to get the **** out, when suddenly a US Postal Service van went past. 

That's a man dedicated to his job. The mail must go on. Sure, everything he manages to deliver is going to be floating in the Gulf of Mexico in 12 hours and nobody is going to be in to take deliveries anyway, but at least he tried.

• Haha 2

Just now, Chindie said:

I caught one of those live stream CCTV channels which was focusing on various areas getting hammered by the beginnings of the storm in Florida, and they have that eerie 'place is deserted' vibe after everyone has decided to get the **** out, when suddenly a US Postal Service van went past. 

That's a man dedicated to his job. The mail must go on. Sure, everything he manages to deliver is going to be floating in the Gulf of Mexico in 12 hours and nobody is going to be in to take deliveries anyway, but at least he tried.

Was he wearing shorts?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Was he wearing shorts?

I couldn't see in the van and the door was shut, clearly no fool. 

It's an important question though. Would a man that dedicated to his job take all precautions and dress appropriately for the weather and wear trousers, or would the precedent of wearing the uniform as it was meant to be worn override any such concerns of cold wet calves and socks on duty?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I couldn't see in the van and the door was shut, clearly no fool. 

It's an important question though. Would a man that dedicated to his job take all precautions and dress appropriately for the weather and wear trousers, or would the precedent of wearing the uniform as it was meant to be worn override any such concerns of cold wet calves and socks on duty?

Also, do shorts cause men to think of having a leg tattoo,  or do men with leg tattoos gravitate towards postal industry jobs.

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

What's Mar-a-Lago made of? 

If one good thing comes out of this disaster that's about to unfold it would be that getting flattened. Look forward to his battle with insurers as he's no doubt provided reems of bullshit to them during the submission. 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If one good thing comes out of this disaster that's about to unfold it would be that getting flattened. Look forward to his battle with insurers as he's no doubt provided reems of bullshit to them during the submission. 

It’s ok, it’s valued at 5.7 trillion dollars.

Just now, Genie said:

It’s ok, it’s valued at 5.7 trillion dollars.

Will be interesting. I'll bet for insurance purposes he's massively undervalued it to save premium. If he has and they apply a substantial amount of average how can he sue and try to establish the true cost when as you say he's probably massively over valued it to the banks. 

Mind you, I shudder to think what the excess will be for storm flood in Florida. He's going to take an insane hit either way. 

42 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Will be interesting. I'll bet for insurance purposes he's massively undervalued it to save premium. If he has and they apply a substantial amount of average how can he sue and try to establish the true cost when as you say he's probably massively over valued it to the banks. 

Mind you, I shudder to think what the excess will be for storm flood in Florida. He's going to take an insane hit either way. 

My joke post was aimed at the troubles he had with over valuing his assets to get better rates on loans. Maybe Mar-A-Lago is one of those caught up in that scandal, I’m not sure. 

Does he still need buildings insurance as a billionaire? I wonder if he doesn’t have any and just stumps up what is needed as and when a natural disaster strikes.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â