Weather...

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Biblical rain in central London just ahead of the start of the Vitality 10k this morning.

Wet through to my knickers within 5 mins of leaving the hotel

spacer.png

From what I can gather from the Internet, many places in/around London got more rain in the last 24 hours than we have had total since February

How much water can the sky contain? Been raining almost constantly for 24 hours and the next 14 hours are going to be significantly worse. 

8 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Biblical rain in central London just ahead of the start of the Vitality 10k this morning.

spacer.png

How did you get on? I did the run in 2023 and 2022, but decided not to bother this year.

Last year was a bit disorganised as the race packs were late in getting posted out and many didnt arrive in time, so massive queues.

Weather was great in 2022 and 2023 for the Vitality 10K though 😉

8 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

spacer.png

Hanging around public toilets again I see 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

How much water can the sky contain? Been raining almost constantly for 24 hours and the next 14 hours are going to be significantly worse. 

There are holes in the sky, where the rain gets in. They’re only small, that’s why rain is thin.

1 hour ago, delboy54 said:

How did you get on? I did the run in 2023 and 2022, but decided not to bother this year.

Last year was a bit disorganised as the race packs were late in getting posted out and many didnt arrive in time, so massive queues.

Weather was great in 2022 and 2023 for the Vitality 10K though 😉

Yeah I did really well thanks.

I was bag holder for my nipper, and at the end of the race (they did 50 mins 7 seconds) I still had the bag, so I consider that a job well done.

Interesting you say about being disorganised. A few weeks ago when I booked the hotel, becuase it was the weekend I was also checking maintenance on the tube and stuff like that. The places I normally stay were too far out with tube disruption planned in advance. So we booked somewhere different that was walking distance away.

On the day, loads of people in the wrong running groups because of ‘tube chaos’. I can’t help feeling a simple email or or note in the pack to nudge people to check transport in advance would have helped a few thousand people yesterday.

Also, slightly controversial race length too. Quite a few people saying it was a few hundred metres longer than 10k.

But good fun, the nipper met up with a few friends and that was what it was all about.

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Yeah I did really well thanks.

I was bag holder for my nipper, and at the end of the race (they did 50 mins 7 seconds) I still had the bag, so I consider that a job well done.

Interesting you say about being disorganised. A few weeks ago when I booked the hotel, becuase it was the weekend I was also checking maintenance on the tube and stuff like that. The places I normally stay were too far out with tube disruption planned in advance. So we booked somewhere different that was walking distance away.

On the day, loads of people in the wrong running groups because of ‘tube chaos’. I can’t help feeling a simple email or or note in the pack to nudge people to check transport in advance would have helped a few thousand people yesterday.

Also, slightly controversial race length too. Quite a few people saying it was a few hundred metres longer than 10k.

But good fun, the nipper met up with a few friends and that was what it was all about.

10k+

Blame Heck

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

I love to watch a storm from the comfort of our house. Obviously not great if out in it or driving but storms including lightening are a fascinating watch.

Absolutely love storms.

Had some friends over on Sat, couple of us stood outside (rain was there, but light) with a beer just watching the sky light up. Have never seen so much electrical activity in a storm before. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â