Weather...

34 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

We don’t have a proper winter, which I love. If I want snow can just drive east (and uphill) 20-30 minutes and see all I want. My wife and I both grew up on the east coast and have had enough winter for a lifetime.

My daughter and her husband did an autumn driving tour of the west coast some years ago. They fried in Death Valley, enjoyed warm breezes at the beaches, and drove through snow up in the hills. 

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

My daughter and her husband did an autumn driving tour of the west coast some years ago. They fried in Death Valley, enjoyed warm breezes at the beaches, and drove through snow up in the hills. 

You could do all that in just a few hours 🤣

I can drive 70 minutes to a place that has snow year round 

https://www.nps.gov/lavo/index.htm

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

At NAU? Love Flagstaff 👍👍 

Trivia fact: the original lyric of 'Take it Easy' was going to be "I'm standing on a corner in Flagstaff, Arizona" - but Jackson Browne (or possibly Glenn Frey, accounts vary) decided "Winslow" sounded better. 

1 minute ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

At NAU? Love Flagstaff 👍👍 

Yep.

Loved it, life changing. Basically did Uni then a grand tour loop of Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, California for a month before coming back. I lived it vicariously.

• Like 1

Just now, chrisp65 said:

Yep.

Loved it, life changing. Basically did Uni then a grand tour loop of Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, California for a month before coming back. I lived it vicariously.

My daughter did similar, omitting NM and Colorado. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

My daughter did similar, omitting NM and Colorado. 

There’s a specific place, Four Corners, that’s a bit of a cheat for those that just want to collect the badges.

They did the lot, hired a car and did everything from Phoenix, college football, Grand Canyon, Meteor Crater, route 66, Santa Monica and as much in between as possible. A cabin on the snow line and bear prints outside in the morning.

Must be a bit tough after that, to have a dull September day in South Wales.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

You could do all that in just a few hours 🤣

I can drive 70 minutes to a place that has snow year round 

https://www.nps.gov/lavo/index.htm

In heavy snow years when Sierra ski areas are open to Memorial Day (end of May) and beyond, you can snow ski in the morning and drive a couple of hours and water ski in the afternoon.

2 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

In heavy snow years when Sierra ski areas are open to Memorial Day (end of May) and beyond, you can snow ski in the morning and drive a couple of hours and water ski in the afternoon.

Why drive at all? Just go to Tahoe or Mammoth 🤣

• 2 weeks later...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â