Weather...

11 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

20 degrees C is 💩?

The temperature is OK. But the constant drab overcast is just depressing. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Muggy as a bastard today. 

That’s the worst. After living in humidity the first 30 years of my life moving to a dry climate was 🤯🤯🤯 Makes an enormous difference. Visiting my mother-in-law in Rhode Island in July the humidity was a real issue, even though it was significantly less heinous than is normal  

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

The temperature is OK. But the constant drab overcast is just depressing. 

I could handle a little overcast. Only thing we’ve had resembling that for months was smoke from the big fire 😜

50 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

I could handle a little overcast. Only thing we’ve had resembling that for months was smoke from the big fire 😜

I mean, autumn is starting. Now, I love autumn, it's my favourite season. But I would have liked some summer first. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I mean, autumn is starting. Now, I love autumn, it's my favourite season. But I would have liked some summer first. 

My neighbours have ruined autumn for me. The short share driveway I live on has 2 sets of retired oldies who seem to hate leaves. What pisses me off, but shouldn’t, is that they are out about 3 times a week with rakes, brooms and garden vacs getting all the leaves up from the strip of land outside their house.

I suspect they get really annoyed that I don’t do the same and allow leaves to blow down the drive towards their gardens.

47 minutes ago, Genie said:

The short share driveway I live on has 2 sets of retired oldies who seem to hate leaves.

Totally sympathise. I have a neighbour who says trees are "dirty." Another neighbour is constantly out with hand-clippers manually trimming the edges of his lawn. Another treats the appearance of a dandelion on his turf like the yellow spawn of Satan. But ... I still like my neighbourhood.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

8 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Totally sympathise. I have a neighbour who says trees are "dirty." Another neighbour is constantly out with hand-clippers manually trimming the edges of his lawn. Another treats the appearance of a dandelion on his turf like the yellow spawn of Satan. But ... I still like my neighbourhood.

I do overall too, it’s a lovely quiet street I live on. It’s just this leaf collecting craziness has already started here. 

I see these people and fear for getting old. I absolutely MUST have some hobby’s which distract me from such pointless tidying.

• Haha 1

Lots of rain this morning in da Wales.

Have had 2 outdoor painting jobs on this summer and neither are completed. There just haven't been windows of dry weather where the temperature isn't over 25c. The not too hot, not too cold, not raining sweet spot just hasn't been around all summer. I suspect I'll be finishing them off under a big roofing tarp at this point.

Even when it's been mostly dry and sunny it's often been accompanied by high winds making a tower scaff not a pleasant place to be. Such an odd summer. I hope September has some nice days and weeks for us..

• Like 1

Warmest September day in recorded history in Sweden today. 30.5°C.  Supposedly going to be even warmer tomorrow.

Bit away from Arizona thou where apparently Phoenix and some other cities has had 100°F or over for 100 days now.

6 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

While we are having our hottest summer ever, a record that has stood since, er, last summer 🤣

That’s unfortunate and sad .   I’m hoping we have a cold winter and not a mild one like we usually get now. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That’s unfortunate and sad .   I’m hoping we have a cold winter and not a mild one like we usually get now. 

We don’t have a proper winter, which I love. If I want snow can just drive east (and uphill) 20-30 minutes and see all I want. My wife and I both grew up on the east coast and have had enough winter for a lifetime.

The only big drawback to not having a true winter is that many years it never gets cold enough to kill off mosquitoes and other such pests 🙄

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan

3 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

We don’t have a proper winter, which I love. If I want snow can just drive east (and uphill) 20-30 minutes and see all I want. My wife and I both grew up on the east coast and have had enough winter for a lifetime.

The only big drawback to not having a true winter is that many years it never gets cold enough to kill off mosquitoes and other such pests 🙄

Oh yes those east coast winners. I wouldn’t mind experiencing one.  Yep a good cold snap kills the fleas which can only be a good thing for our pets 🙂

35 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Coolest summer in the uk for 10 years, and very welcome it is too .

Quite warm today though pal, I was sweating away during my walk in the shires. 

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Oh yes those east coast winners. I wouldn’t mind experiencing one.  Yep a good cold snap kills the fleas which can only be a good thing for our pets 🙂

An interesting measure of our geography is that you can drive just down our street and see houses that have both jet skis and snowmobiles in the driveway 

• Shocked 1

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

Quite warm today though pal, I was sweating away during my walk in the shires. 

It has yes but it’s not that uncommon for September .  I don’t mind it Red hot on holiday but other than that it can do one . 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â