Weather...

14 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

It's got to the stage after the heatwave that your house is about 7 degrees warmer than what is outside. So you are wearing shorts in your house and actually feel a bit cold when you go out.

Need to close all doors and windows in the mid morning and the inside will stay cooler than outside. 

When it's really hot the worst thing to do is open all windows. 

Obviously open them again when the temperature outside drops and let the cool air in. 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Need to close all doors and windows in the mid morning and the inside will stay cooler than outside. 

When it's really hot the worst thing to do is open all windows. 

Obviously open them again when the temperature outside drops and let the cool air in. 

I bascially had all my windows closed during the day all week, and open a bit during the night. It's mid terrace so if the nights don't drop the heat just builds and builds.

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

It's got to the stage after the heatwave that your house is about 7 degrees warmer than what is outside. So you are wearing shorts in your house and actually feel a bit cold when you go out.

I live in a mid terraced house. Upstairs gets so hot during heatwaves. 

Did anyone else in the Midlands think it was stupidly hot and humid last night? The air just felt so heavy.  Mind you there's COVID in the house at the moment so the buggers better not have infected me 😂

Today is significantly more comfortable tbf but wouldn't it be nice to have summers which lasted weeks and months like when we were kids instead of these blasts of heat which can become unbearable.

• Like 1

Watch how a father’s risky plan to save his house from the Park Fire paid off

Mike Waltz was at his office in Chico, Calif., on an afternoon last month when he decided it was time to go. He made calls to his wife Amy and their two sons, Gage and Bennet: The fire was coming, and their home was at risk.

The Park Fire was first reported at 2:52 p.m. on July 24 in Upper Bidwell Park, just east of Chico. The flames took off at a staggering pace, consuming 5,000 acres per hour after first igniting. High winds and dry conditions fueled what would become one of the fastest growing fires in California history. Weeks later, the wildfire is still burning.

By 4 p.m. the Waltz family gathered at their home in the wooded foothills northeast of Chico to prepare for the worst. The mandatory evacuation order went out soon after.

As Amy and their 19- and 22 year-old sons wrangled the family pets and packed two cars with go-bags and supplies, Mike put into action a plan he had developed for just this situation: an extensive fire defense system he created to protect his home from a wildfire’s destructive blaze.

I kind of know this person, more a case of a friend of friends. Been to house concerts a couple of times at this very house. They live about 10 miles away 

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan
  • Like 1

On 14/08/2024 at 17:52, dubbs said:

Did anyone else in the Midlands think it was stupidly hot and humid last night? The air just felt so heavy.  Mind you there's COVID in the house at the moment so the buggers better not have infected me 😂

Today is significantly more comfortable tbf but wouldn't it be nice to have summers which lasted weeks and months like when we were kids instead of these blasts of heat which can become unbearable.

Yes it was, and after having had a couple more sherberts than I should have it was most unwelcome. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Watch how a father’s risky plan to save his house from the Park Fire paid off

I kind of know this person, more a case of a friend of friends. Been to house concerts a couple of times at this very house. They live about 10 miles away 

In case previous link doesn’t work for you. Exact same article so I have not included a quoted passage this time 🤞

https://archive.ph/tkn5o

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan

• 2 weeks later...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â