Weather...

Just now, Genie said:

As well as the wind and the rain is blooming freezing today. Just closed the windows I automatically open in the morning.

Just went out my car was showing 13c. But im not cold at all just wet!

Chucking it down here.

4 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Can confirm it's raining in the northwest.

More news as I get it.

It’s felt like I've been living in Manchester since the end of June

Ive just been out shopping and the rain has eased off now, just spotting but it was pissing it down when I was in the queue for the bakery

• Like 2

Weirdly, it's been dry pretty much all day here in Leeds, despite last night's local weather forecast, which predicted torrential rain from dawn till dusk. 

I was wondering a week or 2 ago if this was going to affect crops. 

I've heard farmers now saying many crops are ruined. The Virginia creeper behind my Cushion Shed has turned to it's Autumn Red at the start of August FFS. 

This is going to maintain food inflation if the entire UK Crop is destroyed / seriously depleted. 

Maybe some Tory throbber gentlemen farmers may start to wake up to climate change if it's hitting them in the nadgers. 

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Anyone heard from @Genie or do we need to try fish him out from all the floods?

I’m back, we managed to get a spot under cover to watch the game. It was surprisingly cold. The game was pretty good albeit a loss for Tamworth.  

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I’m back, we managed to get a spot under cover to watch the game. It was surprisingly cold. The game was pretty good albeit a loss for Tamworth.  

The match you were watching, was there a 50mph wind running directly down the length of the pitch with both teams attempting to play long ball for 90 minutes with everyone that’s shelled out good money to watch extolling them to please try something else as it looks like it might be a bit windy?

*@!@^£$%$%@ arseholes. Aber, hoooof oooh it’s cleared every player and gone straight out for a goal kick. Barry, with this goal kick we shall try a high ball up the pitch, hoooof, ooh hang on its coming straight back at me.

90 **** minutes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

The match you were watching, was there a 50mph wind running directly down the length of the pitch with both teams attempting to play long ball for 90 minutes with everyone that’s shelled out good money to watch extolling them to please try something else as it looks like it might be a bit windy?

*@!@^£$%$%@ arseholes. Aber, hoooof oooh it’s cleared every player and gone straight out for a goal kick. Barry, with this goal kick we shall try a high ball up the pitch, hoooof, ooh hang on its coming straight back at me.

90 **** minutes.

Not especially windy tbh, just rained on and off and cold.

8 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Went for a very quick walk on a North Devon beach yesterday and the wind was whipping the sand up like something out of a film.

It actually hurt when it hit you.

Least it covers your newly designed 'poop' tattoo. 

• Thanks 1

Looking at the BBC 14 day forecast this meh weather continues for another 2 weeks. The next day that shows just a sunshine only symbol is 18th August. That will be over a month and a half since the last one. 

The entire summer gone. 

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Looking at the BBC 14 day forecast this meh weather continues for another 2 weeks. The next day that shows just a sunshine only symbol is 18th August. That will be over a month and a half since the last one. 

The entire summer gone. 

I feel for people having their main, massively overpriced, holiday in the UK this summer. Also those paying a premium for a July or August wedding.

We went away in the UK in May and it was shit because the weather was like this. Cold, wet, depressing. Can’t do anything outdoors.

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

I feel for people having their main, massively overpriced, holiday in the UK this summer. Also those paying a premium for a July or August wedding.

We went away in the UK in May and it was shit because the weather was like this. Cold, wet, depressing. Can’t do anything outdoors.

When we went out in the car yesterday when it was sheeting down we saw a very dressed up lady rushing to the car with a big flower arrangements, looked like going to a wedding. 

Reminded me that so many poor sods would be getting married. I said to Mrs Sidcow, all you want is a dry day. Cold not ideal in August, but not wet. 

My nephew got married in an open air ceremony at a country house a couple of years ago. Was a lovely day and there were loads of things to do in the grounds. 

They had indoor contingency plans but the whole day would have been a very different experience. 

Edited by sidcow

Just now, sidcow said:

When we went out in the car yesterday when is was sheeting down we saw a very dressed up lady rushing to the car with a big flower arrangements, looked like going to a wedding. 

Reminded me that so many poor sods would be getting married. I said to Mrs Sidcow, all you want is a dry day. Cold not ideal in August, but not wet. 

My nephew got married in an open air ceremony at a country house a couple of years ago. Was a lovely day and there were loads of things to do in the grounds. 

The had indoor contingency plans but the whole day would have been a very different experience. 

We got married on the beach in the Caribbean, pretty much guaranteed good weather and far cheaper than here. Also easier to limit it to be people we actually wanted there. We had a party when we got for everyone else. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â