Weather...

Tesco Monkspath evacuated and closed as water has just washed through the store. They're removing stock from lower shelves. 

Total wall of water. 

They did say this morning that a months worth of rain might fall in 20 minutes and that's absolutely what heppened.  If not more. 

Rain was that heavy, it set off a load of car alarms in the car park downstairs. 

Like an acid house rave with all the whistles and beeps!

trying to work around the weather this week. painting the external walls of a house, so sunshine is great but the rain is obviously to be avoided. Yesterday much rain was forecast but none came. Today, everyone I've spoken to this morning gives me a differnet forecast. Been checking the met office every couple of hours and every time I do it has changed to something different. Sods Law though the minute I pick up a brush......

3 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

trying to work around the weather this week. painting the external walls of a house, so sunshine is great but the rain is obviously to be avoided. Yesterday much rain was forecast but none came. Today, everyone I've spoken to this morning gives me a differnet forecast. Been checking the met office every couple of hours and every time I do it has changed to something different. Sods Law though the minute I pick up a brush......

It’s been raining since first thing here today, non-stop.

Not related to my general gripe about Glastonbury being the greatest event in the world, but more for anything like that, it must be pretty horrible being in that kind of environment in this intense heat?

Are there places to cool off? I’d end up remortgaging my house so I could afford a steady stream of chilled drinks from the bars.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Genie said:

Not related to my general gripe about Glastonbury being the greatest event in the world, but more for anything like that, it must be pretty horrible being in that kind of environment in this intense heat?

Are there places to cool off? I’d end up remortgaging my house so I could afford a steady stream of chilled drinks from the bars.

Saw some news report earlier, there was no shelter, sun shining down, and people reserving / protecting their spot at the front for the Elton John thing in like 10 or 11 hours time. 

I will also be watching Elton John. Haven’t decided yet if I’ll be out the summerhouse with a fancy gin, or on the sofa with a cold beer. In the meantime, I’ve just replanted some aquatics in my new pond and now I’m eating jaffa cakes.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Saw some news report earlier, there was no shelter, sun shining down, and people reserving / protecting their spot at the front for the Elton John thing in like 10 or 11 hours time. 

I will also be watching Elton John. Haven’t decided yet if I’ll be out the summerhouse with a fancy gin, or on the sofa with a cold beer. In the meantime, I’ve just replanted some aquatics in my new pond and now I’m eating jaffa cakes.

That’s certainly the way to do it.

It had me thinking of Woodstock ‘99 (as I watched the documentary a few months back). Intense heat and no shade. Huge crowds and very expensive drinks.

I wonder if Glastonbury will finish with a riot too?

1 minute ago, Genie said:

That’s certainly the way to do it.

It had me thinking of Woodstock ‘99 (as I watched the documentary a few months back). Intense heat and no shade. Huge crowds and very expensive drinks.

I wonder if Glastonbury will finish with a riot too?

I’m not sure the Glastonbury demographic is very rioty anymore. 

Four metre fences and £340 to get in has sort of filtered that.

But if Elton covers White Riot we could be in unknown territory.

• Haha 3

It has turned really windy down here on the South Coast.  I heard a crashing sound thinking "what the!?" and it was only the swing chair on my little balcony / terrace area that got blew over.  I was lucky it didn't take out a window.

Lady next door came out asking if I was okay.  Fine I said, now take down your huge umbrella! I sense a storm is on the way. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Finally got a thunderstorm. Had to come to the coast to get it. 

Could do with the rain stopping now, though, we're getting hungry. 

Cant wait for some rain my grass is destroyed 😂

20 hours ago, Genie said:

2010 was 5 days of searing heat and it was brutal.  As soon as the sun come up there was no refuge in your tent.  I managed to get sun stroke on day 1.

Best place to go was some of the smaller stages that are housed in big tents tents.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

2010 was 5 days of searing heat and it was brutal.  As soon as the sun come up there was no refuge in your tent.  I managed to get sun stroke on day 1.

Best place to go was some of the smaller stages that are housed in big tents tents.

I’ve been camping before when it’s high 20’s and that’s also pretty hard work. Sun rises at about 3am to make matters worse. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â