Weather...

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Factor fifty up get a cheap pool or play water fights with your kids and enjoy it. If not stay inside and put your fan on full.

Factor 50 is for pussies, it's all about the carrot oil ;)

25 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

For me it's not just being uncomfortable. It's the worry about what the future holds. So the idea of its just like going on holiday does piss me off a bit. 

We should be worried that days like today will be considered mild in the future.

I 100% agree its ok people burying their heads in the sand but the fact is its not just breaking records its smashing them by at least 2 degrees which is massive.  So what if people have been in hotter places, I have too, but this is not a hot country and we're not equipped for these type of temperatures and people with health conditions find it difficult to cope. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You have obvious always gone 4-5star hotels with air con, not 3 star Magaluf for 2 weeks. 😆

4 star?! Ew gross!

Just kidding... the younger me did Magaluf. I know the horrors it holds :D 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm capable of doing both. I just won't diminish the valid concerns by telling people they should deal with it because its like going on holiday. 

Well said. I suspect it's more a sort of "boys whistling in the dark" downplaying than any unkind sense of wanting to dismiss others' concerns. To me it comes across as fear, dressed up as bravado. 
 "Just enjoy the heat" is just the latest version of 
 "Masks are for wimps" 
"It's just a flesh wound" 

"Screw the hurricane—we've got beer" 
etc etc ad nauseam ...

• Like 3

We're in a heat wave in Maine this week with highs of 90F all week and really humid. I'm right on the coast so there will be some reprieve here. 

Nothing like what you're experiencing, but it's still a bit if a furnace blast, especially for this area.

But climate change projections have Maine as a relatively stable area over the coming decades. 

I expect an influx of climate refugees over that time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Well said. I suspect it's more a sort of "boys whistling in the dark" downplaying than any unkind sense of wanting to dismiss others' concerns. To me it comes across as fear, dressed up as bravado. 
 "Masks are for wimps" 

etc etc ad nauseam ...

So we can't enjoy the heat,  bet your a joy to go out an party with.

This comment is up thete with calling people woke, It's completely the opposite, which don't make it right. So what if people what to live for the day it's wrong, we have to worry about the future.

39 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You have obvious always gone 4-5star hotels with air con, not 3 star Magaluf for 2 weeks. 😆

That 3 star in Magaluf with the tiled floor, whitewashed walls, roof designed to dissipate heat, sea breeze and swimming pool to jump in occasionally before another half hour of lounging around? 

Yes I've been to those kind of hotels (but not in Magaluf as I can't imagine a place I'd less like to travel to) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Can't believe how many people are going over the top. Anyone who's been on holiday where its hot should be able to handle a couple of days of hot weather. No one ever been 3 star to any of the balerics,?

It's hard if your grafting in a factory, working without air con, but other than that, it's 2 days of extreme temperatures enjoy it.

Pal, I caught a bus this morning and had basically taken a shower in my own sweat by the time I got to work.

"Enjoy it" - **** off :D 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

"Masks are for wimps" 

etc etc ad nauseam ...

And 76 was worse. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

That 3 star in Magaluf with the tiled floor, whitewashed walls, roof designed to dissipate heat, sea breeze and swimming pool to jump in occasionally before another half hour of lounging around? 

Yes I've been to those kind of hotels (but not in Magaluf as I can't imagine a place I'd less like to travel to) 

You aint been no, if you think the likes of white washed walls makes a blind bit of difference. As for a sea breeze pool? More like a sun trap pool. 😆

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

You aint been no, if you think the likes of white washed walls makes a blind bit of difference.

Totally agree. It's a wonder you don't see more black painted houses around the Med really the silly sausages. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 4

31 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

This is 200 Meters from my house.  I am so glad I am in my house.
They are all mental.(Live webcam)
image.jpeg.778f18060d453f7778d2be49daf10dba.jpeg

How many do you reckon are regularly applying a minimum of SPF 50? 

• Sad 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â