Weather...

54 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Imagine the heat in England today but not having an AC, anywhere.

That's life in India and Pakistan lately for millions of people. 

No escape. 

Sub Sahara Africa is really going to suffer from climate change. As ever the rich will be the least affected, and the most to blame.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Probably true. Like I said upthread, stonebuilt house + shady garden + naff all to do = nice summer's day.  :)

Same here. We've got an old stone house too. It's properly f***ing freezing in the winter but at least on days like today it stays relatively cool. We've got a big row of trees on the south facing bit of the garden and they've helped to keep things a bit cooler as well.

33 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Old **** near me regularly walks his wolf hound or some kind of hairy beast on sweltering hot days. The stupid old ****.

Idiots mate. I took mine out at 6:30 this morning and will take her again about 8:30 tonight. She’s only gone in the garden today for toilet breaks

From 1992, during a previous, much less intense heatwave. Long story short: the author presents climate change as a "debate," and doesn't take it too seriously. Wonder what he would say today. Hope this is legible at the low-res. I suppose it must make painful reading today.   

clip_105838977.jpg

Edited by Marka Ragnos

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Imagine the heat in England today but not having an AC, anywhere.

That's life in India and Pakistan lately for millions of people. 

No escape. 

I don't think it bothers them as much as us amateurs. They still wear long sleeves and burkas

29 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I don't think it bothers them as much as us amateurs. They still wear long sleeves and burkas

They know what they're doing, keeps the sun off your skin and allows air to flow.

8 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Well anything is either woke or gammon now isn’t it.

We’ve managed to polarise basic English, kudos to us.

woke/snowflake or gammon/nazi

Social media has a lot to answer for. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

woke/snowflake or gammon/nazi

Social media has a lot to answer for. 

Namely, ‘influencers’

7 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

The worst I ever felt on the underground was one year when I went to Wimbledon  on a hot June day and on the way back the tube stopped for 5 minutes with no fresh air and completely packed. Never again!

Very similar for me on the U-Bahn in Berlin one year. Absolute scorcher of an afternoon and we ended up stopped in a tunnel for about 20 mins. They even opened the doors in order to try and get some air in. Very uncomfortable. I was heading out on the lash as well, I was drenched in sweat when I got off :(

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â