Weather...

39 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

We’ve called it a day. There’s enough suffering in the world without anymore 😉

Welcome back (again) Ruge 

• Thanks 1

Just had to go and pick up Ms Sidcow from school and duck into local Co-op supermarket. 

BBC says it should be 34° right now and that's exactly what my car showed. 

Co-op was beautiful, perfect air conditioning. 

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Sorry sid , didn’t mean to be ignorant 🙂

Eh? No I meant you are back from another sojourn. 

Edited by sidcow

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

On a side note, my parents managed a hotel in Moseley during that summer of '76. They had a bar/nightclub as part of the hotel.

They said the night the first rain in weeks came everyone was so happy they all went out into the car park and danced in the rain instead.

Could be absolute bollocks, but it's nice picture

I think that was a lot of people's reaction, I'm fairly sure a lot of people did just that

I also remember stupid news stories of Native American's being hired to perform rain dances :D

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Just had to go and pick up Ms Sidcow from school and duck into local Co-op supermarket. 

BBC says it should be 34° right now and that's exactly what my car showed. 

Co-op was beautiful, perfect air conditioning. 

When I was in Thailand a few years back I went to more 7-Elevens than I care to remember because they were everywhere, and the aircon was insanely good

• Like 3

Hopefully football teams aren't training outside today. This kind of heat can kill, it happens to gridiron players here who have Macho coaches who insist on doing 100 wind sprints in Arabian Desert conditions. 

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

How's everyone doing over there, yikes

For the lucky ones like me and Mrs M that don't have to to work, it's just fine. The stone house is cool indoors, and there are a couple of nice shady spots in the garden for sitting out with a cold drink and a book. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

When I was in Thailand a few years back I went to more 7-Elevens than I care to remember because they were everywhere, and the aircon was insanely good

There was a Walgreens near to our hotel when we were in America and it’s pure heaven walking in. God knows how much energy it consumed keeping the place that cool.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â