Weather...

Just been and put the bins out in just my short sleeve shirt and didn't feel cold or anything. 

Weather looks cracking the next few days. We're looking at winter in the rear view mirror. 

1 hour ago, blandy said:

2010 was pretty cold here. -14. It doesn’t often get that cold on the coast where I am.  I went out for a walk one afternoon and though it was proper freezing, it was beautiful too, as the sun set and the freezing fog came following in

C963AF17-AECC-412A-8253-8EED6D98E32C.jpeg

For years we used to hire a big holiday home with loads of friends in January / February time for a long weekend. 

Nothing better than a bracing walk in freezing temperatures on a crisp sunny day. 

But then again we had occasional unseasonal hot weather. 

I particularly remember walking down a beach in Devon in January in the sun with my shirt wide open bare chested and still being warm. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Just been and put the bins out in just my short sleeve shirt and didn't feel cold or anything. 

Weather looks cracking the next few days. We're looking at winter in the rear view mirror. 

Well, I'm planning on being in the office tomorrow, so 99% chance it'll piss down all day! 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Well, I'm planning on being in the office tomorrow, so 99% chance it'll piss down all day! 

Ermmmm.  The only rain in the forecast is tomorrow. Other than that it's 2 weeks of sunny days up to 15° some days.  Make sure you have your brolly tomorrow😂

Keep your eye on the trains.  They're cancelling loads again. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Xann said:

Some of the clouds over the south of England are carrying more than rain today.

There's a lot of filthy cars covered in orange Saharan sand.

yeah with the heavy rain I thought a flock of birds with diarrhoea had flown over my car at first 

edit - of course this doesn't actually work what with the colour , but I can't think of any reason for a group of people to have been flying over my car  

Edited by tonyh29

19 hours ago, blandy said:

Did they ever. That winter, 81/82 I lived at Cosford. -21 it dropped to. Ice and snow everywhere, frozen and burst pipes, easily the coldest temperature I’ve ever experienced. You could snap your hair.

I was climbing Snowdon that year on a school outward bounds course. We were roped together having climbed the scree at the side of the railway track and were approx 500 meters from the summit, the hard part was done. We had to turn back we couldn't see the person in front of us let alone anyone else

I have no idea what temperature it actually was but I still maintain that is the coldest I've ever been

I've still never been to the top of Snowdon, it's on a list

• Like 1

Talking of outward bounds trips, when I was 16/17 we did some caving/pot holing up in Yorkshire somewhere as part of an A level course.

There wasn’t enough wellies for everyone so an unlucky few had to do it in their trainers (me being one of them). The pain I had from walking in the freezing cold water for hours still lives we me today. It’s was excruciating.

15 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

yeah with the heavy rain I thought a flock of birds with diarrhoea had flown over my car at first

DSC_0000145.jpg.c2b988adb9468d76fb64f6a3a60968df.jpg

Easy to see on white, though there was a car outside earlier that looked like it had been rolled in a builder's yard. Absolutely caked.

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I was climbing Snowdon that year on a school outward bounds course. We were roped together having climbed the scree at the side of the railway track and were approx 500 meters from the summit, the hard part was done. We had to turn back we couldn't see the person in front of us let alone anyone else

I have no idea what temperature it actually was but I still maintain that is the coldest I've ever been

I've still never been to the top of Snowdon, it's on a list

I did Snowdon as part of the 3 peaks , we summited around 4:00 in the morning in the dark and miserable heavy rain  , that was possibly as cold as I've ever been , as some of our gear was already soaked from Ben Nevis and Scaffel 

With the old Covid thingy I climbed it on my 50th  birthday ,we went on a family hol to Wales as we couldn't fly to Iceland

in true Snowdonia weather we left in glorious sunshine and summitted in thick fog and heavy rain  , the pathway over the lake ( reservoir ?)   was underwater due to the amount of rain that week 

xx.jpg

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, sidcow said:

Ermmmm.  The only rain in the forecast is tomorrow. Other than that it's 2 weeks of sunny days up to 15° some days.  Make sure you have your brolly tomorrow😂

Keep your eye on the trains.  They're cancelling loads again. 

Can confirm - wet as an otter's pocket. 

Few trains cancelled but not major issues. Got my normal one home on time. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

So it’s been lovely recently but it’s going to snow on Thursday. Great. 😧

Even by UK standards that's going from the sublime to the ridiculous. 

Was sunbathing weather on Saturday. 

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

So it’s been lovely recently but it’s going to snow on Thursday. Great. 😧

Of course it is, because thats the day I'm heading into the office. 

Expect a Typhoon as well at about 5pm when I'm on the train home. 

• Haha 1

On 31/03/2022 at 07:59, mjmooney said:

I officially give up on the  supposedly ultra-accurate up-to-the-minute, specifically local BBC weather app.

Snowsmall.jpg

Used to drive me mad the BBC weather app, always bloody wrong. Apple weather app has been fantastic for me, very accurate. 

4 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Used to drive me mad the BBC weather app, always bloody wrong. Apple weather app has been fantastic for me, very accurate. 

Met Office App for me, much more data

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â