Weather...

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

First question I have is how bad does it have to be to be a red wind warning?

Red means threat to life.. but threat to life can mean the usual dickheads who think they are ‘storm chasers’ will be lined up on the sea front trying to take photos of themselves with big waves behind them. So threat to life includes people vying for the Darwin awards as well as genuine falling trees and flying debris.

Anyway, my house is top of the hill with views of the coast. i don’t think I’m going to enjoy this…

spacer.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Anyway, my house is top of the hill with views of the coast. i don’t think I’m going to enjoy this…

I'd have thought that was the perfect place to enjoy it. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'd have thought that was the perfect place to enjoy it. 

I was coming at it from the angle of owning a slate roof, a conservatory, and a garage on the brow of a coastal hill when 100mph winds are forecast.

We’re sort of geographically placed to get the headline figure whenever they say it’ll be 60 / 70 / 80 then that’s what we get.

54 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I was coming at it from the angle of owning a slate roof, a conservatory, and a garage on the brow of a coastal hill when 100mph winds are forecast.

Ah, OK. 

Batten down the hatches. 

37 minutes ago, Genie said:

Schools are being closed in that red zone tomorrow. Trains already cancelled too. 

They've had a Cobra meeting today...... Meanwhile the tree surgeon has still not said he isn't coming to take down the trees tomorrow. 

working from home confirmed! Thank god for that. 

Now just to enjoy in live time the sound of the yard being destroyed... still at least i don't have to drive in. But now working out - with no closed garage, whether it's better to park with back of the car to the house or the other way around, or if that will make no difference at all in general 

Most of my family are down in North Devon so they're going to have fun this weekend. We were due to go down to see them this weekend as it's half term but thankfully postponed until next weekend. 

Just now, mjmooney said:

Everybody must have gone home at lunchtime. Just been taking the granddaughter home, and the traffic is crazily light for rush hour. 

Same with the grandson. Very quiet on the roads. 

38 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I am dreading it. I live quite high up, near Barr Beacon, and I have had fence panels come out in way less than what is predicted. 

I feel for anyone living in areas where the worst is predicted to hit. Stay safe everyone.  

It really isn't going to be that bad. The forecast for Great Barr is pretty much the same as where I live, 30mph winds with gusts of up to 60mph

Apart from the SW and South Wales its just going to be windy and a bit blustery just like a normal winter storm

Some of the nonsense thats going on is well over the top, for example, Merseytravel have said it should be essential travel only tomorrow but the storm hits after everyone's gone to work and finishes before they go home

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

It really isn't going to be that bad. The forecast for Great Barr is pretty much the same as where I live, 30mph winds with gusts of up to 60mph

I'll remember to quote you if my garden looks like this come tomorrow afternoon

How the great garden fence shortage is causing a rise in British  awkwardness | Gardens | The Guardian

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I'll remember to quote you if my garden looks like this come tomorrow afternoon

How the great garden fence shortage is causing a rise in British  awkwardness | Gardens | The Guardian

Preusming you live on The Pheasey, the winds will be South Westerly so the wind will attack the old quarry side of the hill and the housing estate should be on the leeward side

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â