Weather...

I was gonna say it's packoman & Corcaigh I feel sorry for, then I notice who posted it :o As an aside, all forecasts over here recently seem to start with "In Galway..." :)

What about poor Folski in Kerry BOF :)

Cowes is on the IOW if I'm not mistaken isn't it, we already have a severe lack of engineers down South and we don't normally send them to the IOW so if we get an massive increase over there it will be a nightmare.

Car insurance by the way

That be it mate, you should be ok as most of the flooding was on the coast-line, unfortunately, that is where I live. Seems to be clearing now, but we have had another power cut (ergh) so I am back @ work just to charge my electronics.. lol

Cowes is on the IOW if I'm not mistaken isn't it, we already have a severe lack of engineers down South and we don't normally send them to the IOW so if we get an massive increase over there it will be a nightmare.

Car insurance by the way

That be it mate, you should be ok as most of the flooding was on the coast-line, unfortunately, that is where I live. Seems to be clearing now, but we have had another power cut (ergh) so I am back @ work just to charge my electronics.. lol

Sounds horrible dodgy :(

Car insurance by the way

Sounds horrible dodgy :(

A nightmare, everything in our place is electric (heating, cooking) so this week has been hell, we have thrown away around £40 of decent food from the fridge too.

Getting to work is a nightmare, the council in all their wisdom believe that closing a main road for repairs on my route is a good idea, despite the poor conditions. As a result it's forcing everyone to drive through several flooded country roads in order to get to work and then back home again. 

It's literally a 30 yrd stretch of road that has been closed which has put an extra 30 minutes each way on my commute to avoid the flooded country roads. 

So are we expected to get all of this big freeze that is going on in America? I'm not too clued up on the North Atlantic Drift and all that stuff.
I'm not an expert, but I do know that our weather is influenced by two things, the jet stream, and the Gulf Stream. Any weather systems we get coming from the west will be mild, windy and wet and anecdotally, I've never noticed a North American cold snap have any particular effect on the uk's weather. If you want snow, we need the jet stream to move south. At the moment it's sitting over us acting as a barrier to colder polar or continental winds. Recently we've discovered that temperatures over the North Pole affect the position of the jet stream. This data is used to predict the jet stream in long term forecasting. Edit - btw, the short answer is no. Edited by Kingfisher

Some guy on the news was stood in the middle of a flooded football pitch, up to his knees "This football pitch is under 3 feet of water", either he's just taller than 8pints or he's a massive liar.

• Like 2

Niagara Falls. 

Though apparently it freezes most years, on the American side at least.

The waters below the falls and the river down to the whirlpooly thing are often (mostly?) covered with thick sheets of ice during the winter, I think. That photo's something else, though!

Edited by snowychap

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â