Getting older

villaguy

26 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Hello fellow VT ers...

Today June 21st is my 66th Birthday! The highlight of today is applying for my bus pass.

I am practising:

Paying for my shopping at the local supermarket in cash/coins and not quite having enough money, the main objective is to build up a nice big queue behind me.

Moaning about young people.

Telling everyone that "I remember when all this was fields".

Saying "it's not as good as it used to be".

Groaning when sitting down and standing up

Gasping when drinking a cup of tea as if it's the first drink since being lost in the Sahara desert for a week

Dribbling

Dozing at regular intervals "resting my eyes"

Driving very slowly and not using indicators and taking up 2 parking spaces

Talking loudly at anyone who cares

Talking about my medication and my "problems"

Wearing the same clothes everyday

Happy birthday to me 😂🍰

Happy birthday mate! 

• Thanks 1

On 02/06/2024 at 17:12, Xela said:

You've inspired me. Picked up some A-Z vitamins from Sainsburys this morning. They look to be exactly the same as the Boots ones. I've been feeling aches and pains more recently. 

I don't exactly have a great balanced diet so these can't be a bad thing to take to start with. 

Wellman 30/40/50 plus etc are very good 

• Haha 1

On 10/06/2024 at 07:04, Seat68 said:

Had some new hearing aids fitted yesterday. They are excellent. I can channel all of my phones sound and notifications through them. 

pardon

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, delboy54 said:

Hello fellow VT ers...

Today June 21st is my 66th Birthday! The highlight of today is applying for my bus pass.

I am practising:

Paying for my shopping at the local supermarket in cash/coins and not quite having enough money, the main objective is to build up a nice big queue behind me.

Gasping when drinking a cup of tea as if it's the first drink since being lost in the Sahara desert for a week

Dribbling

Happy birthday to me 😂🍰

Shit, I'm 53 and I already do most of them. Happy Birthday

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, delboy54 said:

Hello fellow VT ers...

I am practising:

Dribbling

Happy birthday to me 😂🍰

Happy birthday, not long to go now .😉

• Haha 2

I'm in a little WhatsApp group with three old mates from student days (i.e. forty years ago). We keep trying to organise a meetup, but never quite get all four on board. 

Latest suggestion was a few days walking (and drinking) in Northumbria. 

One (me) could easily handle the walking, but can't spare the time from family responsibilities. 

Another could easily spare the time (no kids), but can't hack the walking (arthritic knees). 

The third could spare the time, and handle the walking, but is currently laid up,  having been attacked by an XL bully, and fallen, causing a fractured skull. 

At least we're all still alive. For now... 

On 21/06/2024 at 09:40, delboy54 said:

I am practising:

Dribbling

From where? 

• Haha 1

Did the fathers 100 metre race at my daughters sports day the other day. Bear in mind I was unbeaten at primary and high school. Thought I’d give it a good go. Jesus wept I’ve lost my speed and ended up falling over three quarters of the way because my brain was going quicker than my legs. I blamed my work boots but add to that I’m not a teenager anymore, carrying alot more weight and not as fit as I once was . The kids had a good laugh though 🙂

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I'm in a little WhatsApp group with three old mates from student days (i.e. forty years ago). We keep trying to organise a meetup, but never quite get all four on board. 

Latest suggestion was a few days walking (and drinking) in Northumbria. 

One (me) could easily handle the walking, but can't spare the time from family responsibilities. 

Another could easily spare the time (no kids), but can't hack the walking (arthritic knees). 

The third could spare the time, and handle the walking, but is currently laid up,  having been attacked by an XL bully, and fallen, causing a fractured skull. 

At least we're all still alive. For now... 

Don't you think a few days might be a bit too much for a meetup? Always going to be difficult for people to spare that amount of time. Maybe 1 night away? Or maybe just a full day?

I suppose it depends on how far you are all away from each other. 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Don't you think a few days might be a bit too much for a meetup? Always going to be difficult for people to spare that amount of time. Maybe 1 night away? Or maybe just a full day?

I suppose it depends on how far you are all away from each other. 

That's exactly what I said. The suggestion was by a bloke who is very keen on long distance walks. Not coincidentally, he's the only one in the group who's single (divorced), so has loads of spare time, and is probably a bit lonely. 

The original idea was that I'd host a weekend in here Leeds (where we were all students), which is probably the best compromise location (the other three guys are in Exmouth, Wolverhampton and Durham). 

We'll see. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â