Getting older

villaguy

23 hours ago, sidcow said:

Mowing the lawn to murder frogs for fun has reminded me of something. I may have said this before but it's worth repeating. 

If you feel old before your time, get aches and pains doing even light manual work and out of breath on short walks.  Even if you're out of shape it feels worse than it should.

Go get your iron and vitamin B levels checked. 

My back used to be on fire even loading the dishwasher, after emptying the grass collector on the mower a few times.  I would collapse on the sofa exhausted after mowing the (admittedly large) lawn. 

I just put it down to getting old, being unfit, doing my back in fixing boards in the loft years ago. 

Lose my breath walking up the hill on the way home from Villa Park. 

Eventually I had a course of iron and Vitamin B injections. 

Now I take Boots A-Z vitamins with added Iron.  Honestly, I feel like a different man.  I've just finished mowing the lawn and feel absolutely fine, just a bit sweaty from the heat. No back twinges even emptying the grass box. No lying on the sofa for half an hour trying to recover.  I'd completely forgotten about the aching back loading the dishwasher until I wrote this. 

Honestly, if you think you're in worse shape than you should be go get checked. The change was so gradual I didn't even notice the deterioration. It's worth it honestly. Came as a shock to me when they told me I'd need these injections, I had no idea about the deficiencies. 

You've inspired me. Picked up some A-Z vitamins from Sainsburys this morning. They look to be exactly the same as the Boots ones. I've been feeling aches and pains more recently. 

I don't exactly have a great balanced diet so these can't be a bad thing to take to start with. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

You've inspired me. Picked up some A-Z vitamins from Sainsburys this morning. They look to be exactly the same as the Boots ones. I've been feeling aches and pains more recently. 

I don't exactly have a great balanced diet so these can't be a bad thing to take to start with. 

Check they have Iron as well. That's a biggie for energy and muscle development. 

• Like 1

I've spent this beautiful hot sunny afternoon in an old people's home for my brother in laws mother's 80th Birthday party. 

I was thinking of @bickster as the singer ran through his Beatles medley.

By amazing coincidence my old boss is in the same home as well. His wife took him for a walk in the garden whilst we were there so we went to say hello.  Myself, Mrs Sidcow and my brother in laws brother all used to work for him. 

It is sad to see a man who used to be a real big deal, employing hundreds of people in a company he built himself from nothing.  A highly charismatic, inspirational leader and speaker just reduced to a virtually locked in body in a wheelchair, almost unable to speak. 

I was saying to Mrs Sidcow there is a lot to be said for just keeling over in your mid 70's.  The rest of the people in the home seemed happy enough but it is just a matter of existing till your time is up.  No fun, even with a Hey Jude singalong. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Check they have Iron as well. That's a biggie for energy and muscle development. 

Yep, Iron in there as well. 👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

No fun, even with a Hey Jude singalong. 

I'd never pair the Stooges with the B**tles

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Xela said:

Yep, Iron in there as well. 👍

Trust me, better to get iron in drips like that than an actual crash course. Plays merry hell with your digestive system, and I'm guessing you don't want that😂

• Thanks 1

Bleeding doctors changed my meds. They work but there's one side effect I wasn't expecting. I have ginger hair, grey beard and jet black pubes.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, colhint said:

Bleeding doctors changed my meds. They work but there's one side effect I wasn't expecting. I have ginger hair, grey beard and jet black pubes.

I'm assuming you're a man, if you're a woman you have my pity

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, colhint said:

DM me bbe x

• Haha 1

Had some new hearing aids fitted yesterday. They are excellent. I can channel all of my phones sound and notifications through them. 

• Like 1

On 10/06/2024 at 07:04, Seat68 said:

Had some new hearing aids fitted yesterday. They are excellent. I can channel all of my phones sound and notifications through them. 

Sod that, how can I claim to not hear my phone with that kind of stupidity

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think you are well into old fart territory  when you have still have some clothes in your wardrobe that are about the same age as some of your co-workers.

Co-workers? Working is for young people! 

flashbacks, always had them but each year I have more and more from various times in my life and have about a dozen or so a day now, can get quite distracting, I assume it just gets worse....................

7 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

flashbacks, always had them but each year I have more and more from various times in my life and have about a dozen or so a day now, can get quite distracting, I assume it just gets worse....................

Did you ever do LSD? 

• Like 1

Just now, mjmooney said:

Did you ever do LSD? 

Yes but it was pretty mild stuff, microdots and the like, nothing like the stuff in the 60's I was told. Done a fair amount of Ecstasy during the rave period  amongst other things, Used to smoke weed every day for best part of 25 years 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Yes but it was pretty mild stuff, microdots and the like, nothing like the stuff in the 60's I was told. Done a fair amount of Ecstasy during the rave period  amongst other things, Used to smoke weed every day for best part of 25 years 

I didn't, but my friends who did tend to report flashbacks. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

I didn't, but my friends who did tend to report flashbacks. 

I also had test as a kid as I have a part eidetic memory which can not help 

On 07/06/2024 at 09:56, colhint said:

I have a solution get some ginger dye ao you are matching everywhere. Assuming you prefer ginge to black and grey 🤭

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I gotta say, I don't think anything had so much impact on my personal mental health as weed did over the years. If there's a bit of this and a bit of that these days, I'm not against it, if there was a biff being passed around, not a chance. Never ever again. I'm pro-legalisation of everything with the appropriate research and support and healthcare, but weed would be the last one on the list. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â