What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

You can order an electric or hybrid Range Rover. 

Fine then, they can do what they like (except the Hybrid shite. It's still an ICE vehicle in my book). 

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Fine then, they can do what they like (except the Hybrid shite. It's still an ICE vehicle in my book). 

Range Rover PHEV can do 75 miles in electric mode. The petrol engine could go very long periods without being used. 

Have owned my KIA EV6 for 2 years. The range is about 250miles. I do approximately 10k miles per year.

My wife has the Corsa-e with about 180miles. She does approximately 8k miles per year. She hates the car, but loves the electric aspect.

The total cost for all our charging is maybe £50 a month (haven't worked out as part of household bill, but have Octopus Go with rates at 8.5p for five hours every night).

Save a fortune on 'filling up', never have to consider going to petrol station before work or make a special journey, save a fortune on not also going in to the shop as I'm 'there anyway' and only have to use public chargers when going VERY far a field. My parents live 190miles away but they have a charger at theirs. Use a public charger maybe twice a year. One of those was London and the charging cost wss about £30 for a full charge, still considerably cheaper than petrol. Motorway super fast charges are the only ridiculous prices...but so is petrol there!

I would never go back to petrol, even if it was cheaper, as I find that it's actually more convenient.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Yeah fine. I'm not telling anyone what they should do. I'm just pointing out the logic. 

If I win The Lottery I'm buying an Aston Martin I have no need for. 

The only preaching I will do if that of you are driving little Fortescue and Syngen to school in your Range Rover you are happily polluting the world and poisoning the school kids walking to school. 

Hopefully I can get an electric Aston Martin. 

Don't let them fool you. Hardly anything comes out the exhausts of new petrol cars now. They are extremely clean.

There are prototype petrol engines now that are so efficient they are virtually emission free. But shhhhh, no one wants you to know that, it's all about new investment in EVs.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Don't let them fool you. Hardly anything comes out the exhausts of new petrol cars now. They are extremely clean.

There are prototype petrol engines now that are so efficient they are virtually emission free. But shhhhh, no one wants you to know that, it's all about new investment in EVs.

jen-ok.gif

In 6 months of owning my EV, I haven’t found motorway service stations to be more expensive than any other paid chargers. Which isn’t to say that they aren’t expensive - they definitely are - but so are all others of a reasonable speed? 

That’s one thing that’s surprised me to be honest - public chargers are an absolute **** ripoff. Fortunately 99.9% of my charging is at home. 

I’ve loved having an EV, overall. Pretty much no chance I’ll ever go back to ICE.

Well they took my BYD Seal away today, I'll miss that. Nearly completely converted me to EVs, although I'd still rather run a C63 V8 petrol.

Finally got my Mercedes EQB full electric, after nearly 18 months, very nice car, but not as rapid as the seal. Back to being a family man I guess. 😂

17 hours ago, JB said:

That’s one thing that’s surprised me to be honest - public chargers are an absolute **** ripoff. Fortunately 99.9% of my charging is at home. 

It kind of makes sense when you consider the business model, so I can't see it changing at places with few chargers - Filling from empty to full, you'll be in and out of a petrol station in 2-3 minutes tops, unless you're stuck behind some bellend doing their shopping. And often, the pumps are still busy, but it doesn't matter too much because people are in and out.

You don't get that throughput with chargers, you're taking that spot up for a significant period of time during which nobody else can use it, effectively making the supply artificially constrained and bumping the price up.

Having said that, at supermarkets and other places they expect you to park for a decent while, it's often free or very cheap, so hopefully we see a lot more of that

Edited by Davkaus

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â