What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Ours wasn’t a dealer who actually came. It was a 3rd party who get paid to inspect the car and then deliver it to the dealer. 

I don’t know if that’s how it always happens now or whether it varies by dealer.

I had that same situation as you, with them. Slight hitch while the third party inspector collector couldn’t get hold of the garage owner to tell them to pay the money, but only a 30 minute wait, as the bloke had gone to lunch and left his mobile on his desk. But I’d use them again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Had a Kia Sportage as a hire car in Menorca. It really was absolutely lovely. However it absolutely confirmed everything I've ever thought about SUV's.

**** massive thing. OK in Menorca with it's quiet roads and out of season excess of parking spaces but not in a million years would I buy one in the UK. trying to squeeze it through city roads, parking in tiny spaces, shit scared everytime some nutter tries to squeeze past you in the opposite direction when there's clearly not enough room.

The move to big SUV's has baffled me and I've no idea how people drive Range Rovers, they must be absolute pain in the arse to actually live with on a real world day to day basis. 

A lot of it is in your head. I don’t mean you in particular. I mean a general “you”

They feel massive but a lot of it is height. The actual footprint of SUVs is often not much more than a family saloon. 

But the height makes you think it’s massive

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, blandy said:

I had that same situation as you, with them. Slight hitch while the third party inspector collector couldn’t get hold of the garage owner to tell them to pay the money, but only a 30 minute wait, as the bloke had gone to lunch and left his mobile on his desk. But I’d use them again.

Yeah, we had a third party guy come to collect our car for the dealer through Motorway, he took all the pics and called the dealer up to finish the transaction, and then the dealer started to play up and concoct nonsense like "the radio wasn't as advertised" when it was just the factory fitted unit, as clearly shown in the original images we sent to Motorway.

When we pulled out because the dealer tied to lower the price (citing all this nonsense) we complained to Motorway who said they sided with the dealer, even though he was blatantly lying and trying to cheat us out of a lot of money.

The poor guy that came to collect the car then had to work out a way to get to his next pickup out of his own pocket, because the way they work is to use each collection and delivery as their transport. He said it was pretty common for dealers to act like this though, and he agreed entirely with us that the dealer was just trying it on.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

He said it was pretty common for dealers to act like this though, and he agreed entirely with us that the dealer was just trying it on.

That’s the worry with these things. clearings in the woods are everywhere these days.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

A lot of it is in your head. I don’t mean you in particular. I mean a general “you”

They feel massive but a lot of it is height. The actual footprint of SUVs is often not much more than a family saloon. 

But the height makes you think it’s massive

That's what I keep telling really short Mrs Sidcow. 

28 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

True, but isn't this just because of how much they've grown?

I'm sure the current Fiesta must be bigger than the original Focus, and that's not an absolutely ancient car, we're not talking original Mini cooper, in the last couple of decades we've seen all of them chunk up.

My Polo is bigger than the Golf of the previous generation. 

The latest golf is 4285mm long. The first golf was 3700mm.

To do a B&Q and mix the measures, that’s nearly 2 foot longer. 

The Sportage is a foot longer than the new golf. 

The old Mercedes 190 would have been considered a chunk of a car back in its day, its 200mm narrower than the Kia. 

Never mind your modern grey/black 'prestige' German brands, what you want is one of these ugly green bastards. For some reason, I like them. No idea why, maybe I have carbon monoxide poisoning, a water infection, or just delirium due to a severe case of the screaming ab-dabs. 

I realise they are usually driven by chain smoking slobs transporting their feral (sorry, on the 'spectrum') offspring, but they look cool to me. I'm sure I will grow out of it. Or be sectioned. 

72-Vau-Mok-Ul5dr-Gre-FR2-800.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I have my 2006 Corolla diesel over 15 years now, doing a decent commute to work now to so won't be changing any time soon.

Economical and cheap motoring - great work! 

Had a Email to say they want my company car back the end of the month, my BYD Seal. Back to a Mercedes, most probably a GLB which I've been waiting for about 2 years. Well they can't have it, I'm going to make excuse after excuse, take a holiday before it goes, say I'm not in the area, anything. I absolutely love it, and they cannot take it away from me. 😭

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Had a Email to say they want my company car back the end of the month, my BYD Seal. Back to a Mercedes, most probably a GLB which I've been waiting for about 2 years. Well they can't have it, I'm going to make excuse after excuse, take a holiday before it goes, say I'm not in the area, anything. I absolutely love it, and they cannot take it away from me. 😭

I thought you were a solid Petrol Head 😂

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I defo was. It was the car that changed me.

Does it have the one pedal driving where you barely ever touch the brakes? That seems to be the thing which most EV drivers love. All reviews I see where the regen is weak the journalists complain and say what a shame. 

45 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Does it have the one pedal driving where you barely ever touch the brakes? That seems to be the thing which most EV drivers love. All reviews I see where the regen is weak the journalists complain and say what a shame. 

Yes, an you can adjust the regenerative braking. To be honest though, I like it on the lowest setting. Put it on the highest setting, an it's like slamming it into 1st gear a 40 mph every time you take your foot off the throttle 😆

One thing I'll miss, it's super quick, 0-60 around 3.5 seconds.

• Shocked 1

• 2 weeks later...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â