What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

I own one of those in a lighter blue colour, but my brother drives it while I cant.

IMG_0215.jpeg

My dream car is a 66 Mustang Convertible.

If I had the cash, & the fitness, I would take one of these as a shell & do a complete nuts & bolts restomod. 

Edited by Andy_10

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Got my Q4 delivered last week. It's absolutely lovely. It's my first EV but it's taken no adjusting really. Apart from the lack of noise and the crazy acceleration, it's juts like driving a normal car.

On another note I sold my old car on "Motorway". First time I'd used a site like that to sell and was pleasantly surprised with how smoothly it all went

Had a total mare trying to use Motorway. Would never recommend them. I steer well clear. Full of disreputable "dealers" trying it in, and we found that Motorway will always side with the dealer even if they're blatantly in the wrong or trying to pull a fast one.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Had a total mare trying to use Motorway. Would never recommend them. I steer well clear. Full of disreputable "dealers" trying it in, and we found that Motorway will always side with the dealer even if they're blatantly in the wrong or trying to pull a fast one.

Fair enough, maybe I just got very lucky then.

I assume now that the money has hit my bank and the V5C and everything is done that there's no way they can still sting me?

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I assume now that the money has hit my bank and the V5C and everything is done that there's no way they can still sting me?

I suspect it just varies from person to person. If you get a reputable dealer win the bid then you're almost certainly fine.

It's just that there are clearly some chancers on there.

• Like 2

Also, it's nearly time for our Motability Kona Electric go back . Other than needing a 12V battery replacement (honestly Hyundai, why did you cheap out on that??!) it's been flawless and I have loved every second of it.

However, it is a tad in the small side and as our little one is getting bigger I'm glad we have the chance to get something with a bit more space. After spending forever agonising over which way to go (because no car has absolutely everything) we've decided to have a base level new Renault Scenic e-tech. Really enjoyed our test drive of it - not really a mad crazy little terrier like the Kona but felt more grown-up really. Has endless amounts of clever little touches inside and plenty of space. Looking forward to getting it in a few months.

29 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Pretty much, you're a private seller, doesn't matter whether you're selling to another private individual or a company - buyer beware.

The exception is if you didn't honestly answer questions that would have changed their decision to buy it.

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Pretty much, you're a private seller, doesn't matter whether you're selling to another private individual or a company - buyer beware.

The exception is if you didn't honestly answer questions that would have changed their decision to buy it.

Yeah I was very honest. There was one tiny scratch on the driver's door that I genuinely didn't notice until this weekend so thought I might get pulled up on that but the guy inspecting it didn't seem to care that much.
I guess it would be different if the dealer themselves inspected it, but as far as I could tell this guy just gave it a once over, called the dealer to say it was as described and authorised the payment

Any changes in price or decisions I assume would have to happen before money changed hands. Now that it has then job done

Had a Kia Sportage as a hire car in Menorca. It really was absolutely lovely. However it absolutely confirmed everything I've ever thought about SUV's.

**** massive thing. OK in Menorca with it's quiet roads and out of season excess of parking spaces but not in a million years would I buy one in the UK. trying to squeeze it through city roads, parking in tiny spaces, shit scared everytime some nutter tries to squeeze past you in the opposite direction when there's clearly not enough room.

The move to big SUV's has baffled me and I've no idea how people drive Range Rovers, they must be absolute pain in the arse to actually live with on a real world day to day basis. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Had a Kia Sportage as a hire car in Menorca. It really was absolutely lovely. However it absolutely confirmed everything I've ever thought about SUV's.

**** massive thing. OK in Menorca with it's quiet roads and out of season excess of parking spaces but not in a million years would I buy one in the UK. trying to squeeze it through city roads, parking in tiny spaces, shit scared everytime some nutter tries to squeeze past you in the opposite direction when there's clearly not enough room.

The move to big SUV's has baffled me and I've no idea how people drive Range Rovers, they must be absolute pain in the arse to actually live with on a real world day to day basis. 

Are they actually that big? Always thought the Sportage was similar in size to the Qashqai (which I have), and the latter is absolutely no problem on the roads.

I live in a area which is predominantly Victorian-era housing and mostly with no drives (cars parked either side of the road in set bays, but roads are small) so very used to dealing with restricted driving conditions but it’s just not an issue that I’ve ever thought required a small car.

17 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Are they actually that big? Always thought the Sportage was similar in size to the Qashqai (which I have), and the latter is absolutely no problem on the roads.

I live in a area which is predominantly Victorian-era housing and mostly with no drives (cars parked either side of the road in set bays, but roads are small) so very used to dealing with restricted driving conditions but it’s just not an issue that I’ve ever thought required a small car.

Dunno. I do normally drive a  VW Polo and it felt gigantic next to that. 

Maybe it was the tiny space I had to get it out of at the airport (had to enter via the passenger side and climb over to the drivers seat as so way could I get through the drivers doorl.

Maybe it was odd being left hand drive so I couldn't sense the right hand side well. 

Felt bigger than Mrs Sidcows A6. 

• Like 1

I think cars have definitely grown and people have got used to it, i would definitely say a Sportage was a big car. not quite wankpanzer, but getting there.

My car is slightly larger than a Golf which I would always have thought of as a very average size. parked in a car park on the weekend and it was dwarfed by everything else around it. I think people just feel safer up in the gun turret of an SUV style thing.

34 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Kia Sportage isn’t a big car is it? 2.5cm wider than a Vauxhall Astra. Kia Sportage would have absolutely no problems in the UK. 

Looks like my Kuga is about 1 cm wider than the Sportage and it’s in no way a massive car and goes everywhere with absolutely no issues.

47 minutes ago, sidcow said:

We have a Sportage, or the Mrs does. She thought it was massive when we first had it ( No Kenneth please 😆). But she got used to it pretty quick. Also reversing camera and sensors all round are always a help.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Also, it's nearly time for our Motability Kona Electric go back . Other than needing a 12V battery replacement (honestly Hyundai, why did you cheap out on that??!) it's been flawless and I have loved every second of it.

However, it is a tad in the small side and as our little one is getting bigger I'm glad we have the chance to get something with a bit more space. After spending forever agonising over which way to go (because no car has absolutely everything) we've decided to have a base level new Renault Scenic e-tech. Really enjoyed our test drive of it - not really a mad crazy little terrier like the Kona but felt more grown-up really. Has endless amounts of clever little touches inside and plenty of space. Looking forward to getting it in a few months.

I've been looking at 2nd hand electric Kona as they are now coming in at 12-13k with the bigger 64kwh battery. I did test drive one a couple of years ago and was impressed (went for a Tesla in the end, now regretting it).

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity, i just did a quick compare of a late version of the Vauxhall cavalier versus the Sportage.

Sportage is 160mm wider, 310mm longer.

It’s 300mm wider than a Cortina if you want to go back a bit further.

That its a similar size to other modern cars, just shows cars have got bigger. part of it is safety tech, part of it is just people want bigger cars.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

My car is slightly larger than a Golf which I would always have thought of as a very average size. parked in a car park on the weekend and it was dwarfed by everything else around it. I think people just feel safer up in the gun turret of an SUV style thing.

Nothing to do with anything safety based for me - absolutely everything to do with space. Had a Fiesta when our youngest was born and the car seat just became an absolute pain in the ass, let alone having to lug around a load of stuff for staying overnight anywhere.

Quick Mooney says a Golf has 380l of boot space - my Qashqai has over 500l. It’s apparently 112mm longer and 17mm wider; so barely any difference for a lot more storage space. 

45 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I think people just feel safer up in the gun turret of an SUV style thing.

Nah. It's just penis enhancements. 

44 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Just out of curiosity, i just did a quick compare of a late version of the Vauxhall cavalier versus the Sportage.

Sportage is 160mm wider, 310mm longer.

It’s 300mm wider than a Cortina if you want to go back a bit further.

That its a similar size to other modern cars, just shows cars have got bigger. part of it is safety tech, part of it is just people want bigger cars.

The Fiesta and the Clio used to be the smallest cars, now there’s 1 or 2 sub groups below them. The spectrum of car sizes is much wider now.

I don’t know how people cope with a car the size of a Range Rover or an Audi Q7 but Qashqai, Kuga, Kadjar, Sportage are only the same size (roughly) as a Ford Focus, Kia Stinger, Nissan Altima and are no bother on British roads / car parks.

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

The Fiesta and the Clio used to be the smallest cars, now there’s 1 or 2 sub groups below them.

True, but isn't this just because of how much they've grown?

I'm sure the current Fiesta must be bigger than the original Focus, and that's not an absolutely ancient car, we're not talking original Mini cooper, in the last couple of decades we've seen all of them chunk up.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â