What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

Just as well Volkwagen engines are easy to get to...

Arf arf. That particular engine had 3 rather famous issues.

The coilpacks went and were a dealer recall. Most others were still using distributors and leads at that time. It gave the engine better ignition and lower emissions but at the expense of teething troubles. Now everyone uses coilpacks.

The water pump impeller blades were made out of plastic due to VW trying to be more modern. The blades would shatter after about 80,000 miles and send plastic bits around the engine. Again trying to push technology.

They were almost dry sump and only held about 3.5L of oil. If oil changes were done with crap oil (not VW 502 spec), the oil pressure would drop because the pickup strainer would crud up.

So yeah I agree VAG have never been the most reliable, but it's generally because they're the first to do something that everyone else eventually copies.

Prove it! In the Rogues Gallery. Man up and do it!

According to you I've already bowed to your command.

...And there is a picture of me in Rogues Gallery anyway...you're in it too.

Edited by 8pints

Thing is, VA, you're comparing the most interesting fords ever made to bog standard VWs and Audis.

It's like saying English women are more attractive than Swedish women because Kelly Brooke is fitter than some bang average woman who happens to live in Stockholm.

Yeah Ford have made some lovely cars. But if you're comparing the "normal" everyday cars that most people drive, Ford are boring as ****. That's not to say they aren't good, reliable, good looking cars. It's just that they're common (and I mean common in that lots of people have them, not common as in they're for chavs), uninteresting and uninspiring.

Is a Ford Mustang better than an Audi A1? Of course it is. But that's not a very fair comparison.

• Like 1

There's no point. Because whatever I post you're gonna say it isn't exciting, even if it was the most exciting car ever made by Mr Exciting of Excitingsville in Excitingland.

Doesn't change my point though.

• Like 1

Unless youre playing top trumps....911>Mustang on every single useful measure. A mustang is just a big dumb shouty horse that cant corner. The Kraut's can drag the same power output out of a 2l engine that the yanks manage with 6l. Granted they look nice and make a lot of noise. They are quick in a straight line but that's it. With things that really matter on a car (performance, comfort, handling, engineering) you would go German every single time. Edit.... Or maybe a Jag. (Cheque or cash is fine Stevo)

Edited by Eames

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â