What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

41 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Bad news today for driving enthusiasts as Nissan confirm they are going to continue making the Nissan Juke.

I think the design has been a grower. It looked an absolute state when it was launched and then looked quite trendy. 
Id much rather edgy design like that than some of the shite that Audi/VW churn out where every model looks the same, just 10% bigger or smaller.

• Like 1

On 19/11/2023 at 20:28, Davkaus said:

After reading bad things about the Leaf's uncooled battery, and not being able to reconcile my conscience with a dino burning hot hatch, I ended up going to try out an MG4, good size, comfortable as **** (coming from an Mx5 anyway), quite fun to drive....and when I mentioned that, he suggested I try out the XPower version they also had available, generally the same, but 0-60 in just under 4 seconds. Mine gets delivered tomorrow :D 

Not as fun as a Golf R or Focus ST, but the most fun I'll have in my budget without burning petrol

I'm very happy with my SE MG4, I'm sure the x-power will be fun. Be careful!

4 hours ago, Genie said:

I think the design has been a grower. It looked an absolute state when it was launched and then looked quite trendy. 
Id much rather edgy design like that than some of the shite that Audi/VW churn out where every model looks the same, just 10% bigger or smaller.

The design is ok, but it does suffer slightly from software and materials innovations. That is, just because you can add another line and another angle and a groove and a swoop and a triangle and a faux fin and a bulge… doesn’t mean you have to. Toyota have gone the same way, like all their designers are massively in to origami.

It’s the actual drive, urgh, we had a couple as company cars and we all decided they were absolute dogs. I’m sure they’re fine for popping to the shop, we were driving to all corners Dover, Dartmoor, Liverpool, Leeds. Knackered by the time you got anywhere.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Xela said:

Its here...

What an incredible ugly peice of shit.

I don't really care what other people drive, loads of people don't have the interest or the budget to drive anything but an old econobox, whatever, but if I knew someone who drove one of these things I'm not sure my opinion of them would ever quite recover.

Not legal to be driven on UK roads though so fortunately we won't be seeing the ridiculous things

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

What an incredible ugly peice of shit.

I don't really care what other people drive, loads of people don't have the interest or the budget to drive anything but an old econobox, whatever, but if I knew someone who drove one of these things I'm not sure my opinion of them would ever quite recover.

Not legal to be driven on UK roads though so fortunately we won't be seeing the ridiculous things

I saw a YouTube short with Dwayne Johnson talking to Joe Rogan and Johnson said he only owns trucks and Rogan said Tesla now have a truck. He said it with a straight face. No person that drives a truck, who genuinely drives one will ever buy that. It's a kid's drawing of a car and anyone that does part with cash for one needs to be sectioned. 

It looks like a disaster from start to finish.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they are losing a ton of money on every one they make.

Headlights look dangerously shit at lighting up the road.

No rear view mirror looks dangerous.

No speedo or important data in front of the driver looks dangerous.

When that screen breaks or lags or freezes up the “truck” becomes undriveable.

It reminds me of the episode of the Simpsons where Homer designs a car and it bankrupts his brothers business.

Elon has created a culture where you agree with him and don’t question him. This is the outcome. They’ll probably lose billions more dollars. 

2 hours ago, Xela said:

It is like something out of a science fiction movie. I like it. Its mad, and stupid, but it is different and that is why I like it. 

I think there are strong hints of a Delorean in it. 

• Like 1

Tesla’s quality was already worst in the industry, this isn’t going to improve it. I bet the gaps in that stainless steel body are horrendous.

I’m not convinced they’ll produce it in any kind of numbers.

7 hours ago, Genie said:

It reminds me of the episode of the Simpsons where Homer designs a car and it bankrupts his brothers business.

There are a few things about Tesla unrelated to the cyber truck that have reminded me of that episode. 

I own one, some things about it are brilliant and feel very futuristic some incredibly bad and feel very backward. It’s an odd car. TBF one I own is a bit old, my old man has a brand new one and all the crap stuff seems to be gone. 

40 minutes ago, Genie said:

Tesla’s quality was already worst in the industry, this isn’t going to improve it. I bet the gaps in that stainless steel body are horrendous.

I’m not convinced they’ll produce it in any kind of numbers.

19 minutes ago, villaglint said:

There are a few things about Tesla unrelated to the cyber truck that have reminded me of that episode. 

I own one, some things about it are brilliant and feel very futuristic some incredibly bad and feel very backward. It’s an odd car. TBF one I own is a bit old, my old man has a brand new one and all the crap stuff seems to be gone. 

Yeah, all I hear now is their quality is very good and their software is streets ahead of The Chinese and legacy ICE manufacturers. 

They just seem to change stuff for the sake of changing it. The steering wheel, the (lack of) switches and buttons, the (lack of) indicator stalks.

There was a massive recall a while back because the touch screens were falling, and because the demister function was in the screen rather than a button they were ordered to recall them as they were dangerous. They haven’t learned that lesson at all.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â