What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

that much as I like America there are certain things they just can't do ... 1 is irony , 2 is decent cheese and 3 is make decent cars

Correct on all three points especially no.2.  Somebody defriended me on Facebook for pointing this out.  Apparently the presence of 1 decent deli in New York selling some artisan US cheese was enough to make my point null and void!

I don't drive it yet but I intend my next automative purchase to be one of these bad boys.

Loved this car for years.

546gk2.jpg

Is that the 280 SL? Some decent prices on them. I'd like to get something classic and different from the norm for my next motor. This comes high up in the list

I don't drive it yet but I intend my next automative purchase to be one of these bad boys.

Loved this car for years.

546gk2.jpg

Is that the 280 SL? Some decent prices on them. I'd like to get something classic and different from the norm for my next motor. This comes high up in the list

Thats a 350, not as old as the 280 and a fair bit cheaper but the prices are rising they are a good purchase as will be worth a lot more in 5 years.

• Like 1

somebody mentioned the Evoque…

My mate had one of the first ones, it was stolen and burnt out in Kirkby within a week of him getting it.

He was made up… he described it as the hairdressers car of the 4WD world. He thought it was seriously underpowered for a 4WD. He changed to a Yeti

He was made up… he described it as the hairdressers car of the 4WD world.

Why do you think Rob likes them?! ;)

• Like 2

I have just, only for a few minutes, considered buying a Nissan. 

Please. Just shoot me now

It's even worse for me. I bought a Qasqai two months ago. I'll get it next week.

My mate had one of the first ones, it was stolen and burnt out in Kirkby within a week of him getting it.

He was made up… he described it as the hairdressers car of the 4WD world. He thought it was seriously underpowered for a 4WD. He changed to a Yeti

Depends.

If you want it to do any decent driving then it'll be underpowered if you go for the lower powered engine.

If you want it to do what most people do with 4x4s (drive it to the shops and back) then its fine, and remotely economical as a result.

Believe me, I've driven one around one of our off road tracks for an hour. There's more than enough power in them if you need it.

Are there any genuinely poor cars that can't do the job they are designed for, anymore?

I know some people don't like muscle cars or don't like city cars and all that. But is the Panda by Fiat a bad car? I suspect not. Is the Nissan Cube a bad car?........no idea. But what I do know, is that reviews are usually biased by the writer for the reader. A car that took a regular kicking from reveiwers and from there took criticism from punters that had never been anywhere near driving one was the first iteration of the Mercedes A Class.

I pick that one, because I had one as my first ever 'new' new car. It was just plain excellent for what I needed at the time. It did 50mpg, the back seats dropped turning it into a van, it did 100mph with ease. At no point did I need it to swerve around elks. But that was what people obsessed on, they fall over. No, they didn't. My missus drives a Nissan people carrier thing, she's had it for ever it has been utterly reliable, incredibly cheap to run and totally flexible for camping / surfing / transporting vast quantities of horse shit. But yeah, who wants a Nissan?

Drive what you can afford that suits your purpose and remember it's no more an extension of your personality or global standing than your washing machine (incidentally, I have a Bosch).

But I suspect it's aimed at a market of females wanting to look different and 'kookie' and unthreatening that will never drive further than their parents' house and the pet shop.

I doubt it's ever been sold to somebody that needed a car to eat motorway miles or drop a 5 seconds burn off the lights.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â