What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

I'm sure I was told my A3 had a 5 star NCAP.

LIke others, I wasn't looking for that stat to be honest. But it gave me a nice feeling. I wonder if it's true?!

But I can imagine that a lot of people do look for that in a car. people who buy cars purely on practicality would probably factor that in.

LIke others, I wasn't looking for that stat to be honest. But it gave me a nice feeling. I wonder if it's true?!

But I can imagine that a lot of people do look for that in a car. people who buy cars purely on practicality would probably factor that in.

you mean old people :)

you mean old people :)

We bought the A1 thinking it would be Mrs E's family run around. The safety rating didn't occur to either of us. How quick is it and how thirsty were way more important.

We must be terrible parents.

I'd also imagine people with kids, especially couples with their first children, would be a demographic that would look at safety ratings.

** awkward cough**

I'd also imagine people with kids, especially couples with their first children, would be a demographic that would look at safety ratings.

** awkward cough**

Ha. 

I don't mean they'd ALL look at it. Or that they should.

Just that if you were looking at categories of car buyers, they'd have a higher percentage than other demographics that look at that thing.

add me to the bad parents list then  :)

it's true with a first child you do a bit over protective and wrap them in cotton wool a bit and  CRB check Santa and  send a SAS hit squad to check the park for unfriendlies before you go there   .. but even then I never checked a cars safety rating .

do people that check car safety ratings also demand to see a take aways health certificate before ordering , their GP's qualification certificates before allowing him to diagnose them , the hotels health and safety policy before booking a room etc etc ?

personally I just don't think people are that bothered  ..

I agree with you, I don't think people are that bothered.

But SOME people are. And I would imagine a lot of them fall into that new parent category. But like I said above, I'm not saying every new parent SHOULD check safety ratings.

None of this counters TV's point, though, that not submitting cars for the test does hint that the ratings they'd receive may not have been favourable.

None of this counters TV's point, though, that not submitting cars for the test does hint that the ratings they'd receive may not have been favourable.

possibly ..but it's quite a leap though  .. it's not a compulsory test maybe they just felt it wasn't necessary ... the cars they did send ( the A1, A3, A4, A6, Q3 and Q5 ) have achieved an overall five-star rating so it would seem unlikely that the A5 wouldn't pass it for example

Since this has sadly turned into the Audi thread

You should start a Ford thread. Might be pretty lonely though.

I'll just talk to the guys who gather around my car to admire it if it's all the same to you, or the women who have made me offers to use the car for their weddings, or the guys who have invited me to car shows. As much as I like to argue with some middle-class wannabe, I did promise a couple of girls a ride ;)

But hey, at least you can impress Tony :thumb:

possibly ..but it's quite a leap though  .. it's not a compulsory test maybe they just felt it wasn't necessary ... the cars they did send ( the A1, A3, A4, A6, Q3 and Q5 ) have achieved an overall five-star rating so it would seem unlikely that the A5 wouldn't pass it for example

:o  Thats one of the biggest 'leaps' I've seen for a long time.

I think its probably to do with Audi wanting to protect its 5 star ratings across the entire range* 

<Audi small print>
*some vehicles have not been tested, all tested vehicles got 5 stars.
</Audi small print>

On the public opinion of safety ratings I think they are less relevant now as cars are generally all deemed to be very safe. Every year the bar for 5 stars goes up and up. 20 years ago I would suspect cars varied hugely in how they would perform in a crash.

I'll just talk to the guys who gather around my car to admire it if it's all the same to you, or the women who have made me offers to use the car for their weddings, or the guys who have invited me to car shows. As much as I like to argue with some middle-class wannabe, I did promise a couple of girls a ride ;)

The irony in all of this is I actually don't mind Ford, and like Mustangs ;) it just amuses me how touchy you are on the subject. And that you seem to be annoyed by people talking about the cars they drive in a thread dedicated to talking about the cars they drive.

P.S. don't invite those girls back to your bedroom.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Mrs. B drives around in an X5 as she likes the idea of a bigger car being safer.  We've been car shopping recently and I've nagged her into getting an Audi coupe as a replacement. 

I might have to keep her away from this thread.

:o  Thats one of the biggest 'leaps' I've seen for a long time.

I think its probably to do with Audi wanting to protect its 5 star ratings across the entire range* 

<Audi small print>
*some vehicles have not been tested, all tested vehicles got 5 stars.
</Audi small print>

On the public opinion of safety ratings I think they are less relevant now as cars are generally all deemed to be very safe. Every year the bar for 5 stars goes up and up. 20 years ago I would suspect cars varied hugely in how they would perform in a crash.

it's gonna use some of the same parts and design and be built by the same robot as the other Audi's so the leap is 100% smaller than the original posters leap :P

Edited by tonyh29

you sure it's the car and not an attraction to virgins  :P

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

The irony in all of this is I actually don't mind Ford, and like Mustangs ;) it just amuses me how touchy you are on the subject. And that you seem to be annoyed by people talking about the cars they drive in a thread dedicated to talking about the cars they drive.

P.S. don't invite those girls back to your bedroom.

Touchy? You guys start it, I answer back and you and the rest of the little Audi clique get all defensive.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â