What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

If I could have one JLR product right now, it would be an F Type coupe.

They're gorgeous.

And I'm not usually one to be into how a car sounds, but they sound incredible!

• Like 1

That's nowhere near good enough. Are there mitigating factors like missing services etc?

I don't think so! I don't know the full story yet, but he's only had it for about 9 months. Purchased from Solihull Audi. Think its got FSH. From what I remember my Dad telling me, the timing chain is the issue and Audi recommend a new engine! It appears to be a common fault, looking at the internet. 

That's an expensive engine too

Its the 3.2 FSI block

That's nowhere near good enough. Are there mitigating factors like missing services etc?

I don't think so! I don't know the full story yet, but he's only had it for about 9 months. Purchased from Solihull Audi. Think its got FSH. From what I remember my Dad telling me, the timing chain is the issue and Audi recommend a new engine! It appears to be a common fault, looking at the internet.

Its the 3.2 FSI block

He should be rejecting it under the sales of goods act 1979 amended 1994 as not fit for purpose. A full repair FOC should be the only way to resolve this. He could also claim loss of earnings, hire car charges and interest at (forget the exact amount) per day.

Put it all in a letter and give them no wiggle room. It's a full repair or a full refund. 9 months for a premium car isn't a reasonable amount of time to expect to pay for a new engine.

As your contract is with the dealer it needs to go to them. If they want Audi UK to fund it that's their lookout.

Its the 3.2 FSI block

Dealer purchase without a 12 month warranty?

Been thinking of getting a motorbike now for a while but have no idea where to start in terms of budget, power, scooter or bike?, age/economical values? etc...

Anyone here got a motorbike/scooter? Any advice on where to start?

Been thinking of getting a motorbike now for a while but have no idea where to start in terms of budget, power, scooter or bike?, age/economical values? etc...

Anyone here got a motorbike/scooter? Any advice on where to start?

Are-you-serious-.jpg

I've worked like a bandit for the last year, to justify a half-decent bonus which has gone a long way to me being able to afford this motor. I've also been saving pretty hard for it too as I was fed up of buying cars for around £12k, running them for 3 years and seeing little or no value left in them at the end.

So now you have spent double to have no value left in them. Never buy an expensive car thinking you will have more money come selling time.

Actually my experience was kind of the opposite. Once I'd bought the car, or at least once it was clear that I genuinely was going to give them my money, they were great (Birmingham Audi). The pick up day and everything was great.

The problem I found with them was being taken seriously in the first place. It took me 3 visits to the dealer to sit down and have a serious conversation about actually buying a car, even though on my first trip there I'd have bought one then and there.

I found that strange. It was like they did no selling, I had to convince them that I wanted the car.

I also know two different females who have both said they got treated like shit at Birmingham Audi. One of them said the dealer couldn't stop trying to sell the car to her boyfriend, despite him saying several times that it was her car, she was buying it, with her money, sell the car to her.

So yeah, I don't think they're great. But working for JLR, our dealers are terrible so it's still a step up from them :D

I was there to sign, paying cash, around £38k if I recall. The sales guy pissed me off so badly that I just walked out and over the road to BMW and bought the equivalent on the spot.

It was the best thing that Audi ever did for me, because once you have driven a BMW and felt the difference, you don't go back.

Interesting you say that

I left Jag and went to Audi in almost the same fashion... I rolled up at a jag dealership in a jag and just got ignored and the second in walked some tit with a jumper ( pink at that )over his shoulders and sun glasses on their head they were fawning all over him

I walked out and bought the A5 instead

Of the last 3 cars I've owned I'd rate the drive as

Audi

Jag

BMW

Slightly harsh on the BMW as the Audi is 4 wheel drive and thus it can get up hills in the snow where as the bmw never could (nor could the jag for that matter )

Edited by tonyh29

I've worked like a bandit for the last year, to justify a half-decent bonus which has gone a long way to me being able to afford this motor. I've also been saving pretty hard for it too as I was fed up of buying cars for around £12k, running them for 3 years and seeing little or no value left in them at the end.

So now you have spent double to have no value left in them. Never buy an expensive car thinking you will have more money come selling time.

NO, BAD ADVICE

always buy a new expensive german car with lots of extras, preferably one that was top of the spec list and then add some extras

because that way, in 3 years time, I come along and get fantastic value

• Like 3

NO, BAD ADVICE

always buy a new expensive german car with lots of extras, preferably one that was top of the spec list and then add some extras

because that way, in 3 years time, I come along and get fantastic value

I'm glad I didn't get that pop corn maker fitted in my car now , the thought of you buying that car and using it would keep me awake at night

the lovely individual that first spec'd up my current car chose the uprated stereo and additional speakers - the sound is just insane

also spec'd a chiller glovebox so my drinks stay lovely and cool on long drives

I'll have to keep an eye out for the popcorn maker, I don't think they have them in the top top marques though

see if you can spot a bloke that's found the drive he likes, my last four cars in order of driving preference:

Mercedes

Mercedes 

Mercedes

Volkswagen

lugubrious automatic switched to 'comfort' suspension and gear ratios for the laziest motorway cruise 

Now I have my job I can think seriously about my next motor.

I'm open to all and any ideas within my price range (Can probably take on £150-£250 a month).

Throw em at me.

I'm open to all and any ideas within my price range (Can probably take on £150-£250 a month).

Throw em at me.

In my day teachers drove VW Beatles so you'd best get one if them to blend in Edited by tonyh29

Throw em at me.

with your holidays I'd maybe look for a budget motorhome

Bedford_Beagle_based_Dormobile_motorhome

Throw em at me.

150-250 a month on a loan over, say, 4 years will get you a loan of anywhere from £6000 to £10000 as a rough guess.

What car you get depends on what sort of deposit you can lay down and how you want to pay for your car.

If you're buying outright then you'll be looking at a car of the loan value plus your deposit.

If you bought new and went PCP then you'd get something nicer, but you won't own it at the end of the deal.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â