What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

Found an A5. Going to look at it on Sunday. Woop!

Small piece of paper?

Brilliant for being dutch  :ph34r:

I'm not sure if that was meant to be an insult or not? :(

Definitely not an insult, lol'd. Only funny dutch  :detect:

• Like 1

PIcking up a hire car tomorrow for a work trip.  I asked for a bigger vehicle last time and ended up with a bloody Fiat 500.  Problem being, I can't choose the car - it's all "automated" through the work system.

Dreading it. 

• Like 1

It had better not be the s-line black edition that I've got my eye on ;)
haha nope!

Just an SE, but with plenty of bells and whistles. Only a year old.

Basically decided I'm getting it now, knowing my luck someone will have bought it by the time I get there!

haha nope!

Basically decided I'm getting it now, knowing my luck someone will have bought it by the time I get there!

You didn't dwell on it did you?  :)

haha nope!

You didn't dwell on it did you? :)
not really :)

I really need a new one though so I'm just going for it.

Talked it over with the rents and the gf. Made my mind up!

And to be fair, it'll probably work out about £80-100 more than I was paying on my golf, but lower tax, lower insurance and a much better car.

So **** it! :D

I've taken the Cadillac off the road as a daily driver and have now purchased a 2007 Saturn Aura

2007_Saturn_Aura_XE.jpg

(aka the North American version, pre-GM bankruptcy, of the Vectra)

((indeed, in Saturn's last few years as a marque, they essentially became North American versions of Opels/Vauxhalls, e.g. the Saturn Astra))

IMG_20140222_073414.jpg

Went to see a new Mondeo Wagon yesterday. My current one is 11 years old so I just might buy it. I know you guys think highly of Ford so thought I'd let you know.

If I had the money for a new Aston Martin Ford Mondeo I'd go for it

ford-mondeo_0.jpg

• Like 1

Went to see a new Mondeo Wagon yesterday. My current one is 11 years old so I just might buy it. I know you guys think highly of Ford so thought I'd let you know.

ford-mondeo_0.jpg

Are you sure that's a Mondeo and not a Fusion... I'm pretty sure that's a Mexican plate, and the Mondeo hasn't been sold in the Latin American markets for several years.

ford-mondeo_0.jpg

Are you sure that's a Mondeo and not a Fusion... I'm pretty sure that's a Mexican plate, and the Mondeo hasn't been sold in the Latin American markets for several years.

Fusion is the American name for the Mondeo. This version isn't available in the UK yet.

Mondeos are very decent cars, certainly head and shoulders above the Vauxhall tosh that sees itself as a rival.

Mondeo and Fiesta kind of set the bar in their segments.

Used to be true, not any more. Vauxhall have really picked their game up recently. Latest stuff is on par with Ford and VAG for reliability.

I wasn't really talking about reliability, just my experience of driving hire cars, none of which have ever broken down. My heart sinks every time I get an Insignia which appears to have been designed for people with no desire to see what's going on to the side of them or behind them. Also, for what is essentially a rep mobile, the Insignia is almost always fitted with figure hugging hard 'sports' seats. It's a personal preference, but I'm not a shape that suits the bolstered sport seat on a long journey.

But cars are soooo subjective. If you base you're car buying on statistical analysis you might accidentally end up in a Hyundai.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â