What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

I don't know your price range Stevo, but I have got my heart set on a Scirocco. I had a go in my mates 2.0 TSI and it was very good indeed. I've never had a VW though, you might fancy a change.

An R Design Volvo C30 is another option I've considered but I hesitate to spend my 20s driving a Volvo.

PS - Added bonus with the Scirocco (assuming you get one with a DSG flappy paddle) that you can literally heil Hitler while you drive along.

(yeah yeah, Audis driven by dickheads, blah blah)

I drive an Audi ...oh wait

I love my A5 and having this panzer 5 series on loan has made me appreciate it even more

few people have suggested the RH drive conversion is a problem with Audi if you are a giant but not being a Harlem globe trotter myself I've not noticed it  .. it's something to consider though if you do look at the A3

Urgh, I'm dying for an A5, I think they're beautiful.

Just can't stretch to it though. Should be getting nice pay bump this year so I could probably stretch for the monthly payments, but I wouldn't be able to get the cash for the initial deposit they ask for.

So A3 may be the compromise.

Probably just visit the dealer and let myself get talked into something!

(yeah yeah, Audis driven by dickheads, blah blah)

I drive an Audi ...oh wait

I love my A5 and having this panzer 5 series on loan has made me appreciate it even more

few people have suggested the RH drive conversion is a problem with Audi if you are a giant but not being a Harlem globe trotter myself I've not noticed it  .. it's something to consider though if you do look at the A3

I was considering an Audi for my next car, but the lack of a main dealership over here puts me off, so I'll probably get another BM.

Just can't stretch to it though. Should be getting nice pay bump this year so I could probably stretch for the monthly payments, but I wouldn't be able to get the cash for the initial deposit they ask for.

Have you looked at the A3 sedan?

2014-Audi-A3-Sedan-Review-31.jpg

Its ok but not really a fan of any of the other saloons apart from the a5 to be honest.

A6 is nice but too grown up for me I think

I'm just going to go to a dealer, there's a big one near me, and see what they can do.

I've just been given a BMW 325 D M Sport rental as my Alfa 159 gets bodywork repaired after being smacked by a lorry. 

Not a patch on the 159. It is like being controlled by a robot. The car has no soul and I want my Alfa back. However, it is good on the juice.

I think my car (BMW 328ci with optional indicators) will need a shit load doing at its MOT so think I might bin it in March. 

I don't drive that much anymore... maybe 20 miles a week? Use the train Monday to Friday so only need something for the weekend. Which leads me into a two way choice of thinking:

1. The most sensible one - something small, cheap and economical. Low tax so basically it barely registers on my outgoings. Maybe a Smart car or a small diesel VW or Audi

2. The stupid option - something a bit OTT, considering fuel economy won't be an issue, however tax and insurance will be high. 911, M5, AMG Merc, Jag XK, DB7 or Bentley Continental. The last are at the more crazy end of the scale. I have always wanted a 911, so may be the time to get one. 

Why are you buying new ? Go for an 18 month old A5 with as good a spec as you can afford would be my advice

Why are you buying new ? Go for an 18 month old A5 with as good a spec as you can afford would be my advice
I'm being a short termist month to month kind of guy.

On one of these deals where you loan the car for 3 years then have an option to buy it outright at the end.

Works out at 350ish per month for a new a5

I could probably stretch to that with a promotion coming, but the deposit they ask for is like 7 or 8 grand and I don't have that kind of money.

To buy second hand I'd gave to buy outright. An 18 month old a5 would be what? 20 grand?

Couldn't afford the repayments on a loan like that.

Sensible thing would be to buy something MUCH cheaper and more practical.

But I'm 28. This is probably my last chance to buy a decent car while I'm still "young", no family etc. Don't really want to settle on a sensible saloon just yet :)

I'm quite anti VW these days due to some shockingly fraudulent customer service I was at the wrong end of.

But anybody that doesn't rate the Lupo GTI clearly hasn't driven one. 

It may well drive brilliantly.

But part of what I like about cars is how they look. And Lupos look hilarious.

Even if it's done up/lowered/blinged whatever. I'd argue that would make it look worse.

If Ford made a KA that was the best drive I've ever experienced, I still wouldn't want the thing because it would be Fugly.

What I've found with most of the cars I drive is that I'm on the inside. To buy an inferior car, so other people can look at the outside, or so I can stand outside it and look at it had just never occurred to me.

Perhaps that's why I've never bought an Audi......

I drive a Skoda Fabia, would like something decent next.

Ex soviet block Stalinist murderers now owned by Nazi's and probably financed by third world prostitution rings. I heard they killed that giraffe in Denmark.

Skoda are fine generally, but I have driven a Fabia a couple of times and it did feel a little wishy washy meh.

I've just been given a BMW 325 D M Sport rental as my Alfa 159 gets bodywork repaired after being smacked by a lorry. 

Not a patch on the 159. It is like being controlled by a robot. The car has no soul and I want my Alfa back. However, it is good on the juice.

When you say 'lorry', you mean bits just fell off after going over a speed hump didn't you?  And by soul you really mean 'rust'!  ;)

• Like 1

I've had company Volvos and Audis for the last 25 years but none have been as much fun to drive as my 1974 Triumph Stag. I bought the missue a Juke a couple of years ago and it's so bland and boring to drive. It's the first and last time I buy a Nissan.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â