What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

Everyone should own, drive and have fun driving a hot hatch at some point. And please do not put any variation of saxo into that group :-)

Such as this modern version of the original hot hatch that started it all? An exciting German car too.

Posted Image

Had two focus st 3's and they are a joy to drive. The older version had the petrol drinking engine but was fast as f***. The new one is a lot better on mpg but flies.

Bad vw and peugeot ones before, ok but not as good as the focus. Drove a leon cupra which was fun, but seemed to lack something.

Had two focus st 3's and they are a joy to drive. The older version had the petrol drinking engine but was fast as f***. The new one is a lot better on mpg but flies.

Bad vw and peugeot ones before, ok but not as good as the focus. Drove a leon cupra which was fun, but seemed to lack something.

The original Leon cupra was the golf mk4 chassis so the drive wasn't especially involving. Seat put the fantastic 20v 1.8t engine in and cranked it up to 225ps once Audi allowed them to by moving the s3 to the n/a engine.

The mk2 Leon cupra is a whole different ball game though. Golf mk5 chassis and the tfsi engine.

Everyone should own, drive and have fun driving a hot hatch at some point. And please do not put any variation of saxo into that group :-)

Such as this modern version of the original hot hatch that started it all? An exciting German car too.

20121111_141041_HDR.jpg?m=1381612122

:crylaugh: Is that Hotwheels or Matchbox?

On my list of cars I want to realistically own.

Alongside a new Scirocco, and a Corrado.

...there's a theme there.

• Like 1

when the engine on my Golf packed up* they gave me a Lupo Gti as a courtesy car

day 1 I was insulted

day 2 I never wanted to give it back and asked if I could just trade it

* last VW I ever owned as they chose to try and lie to me not knowing I already had copies of their internal e-mails

• Like 1

Posted Image

Ah mockage of the last true gti betrays a lack of appreciation for true motoring heritage. Possibly caused by looking at too many fords.

The mk1 golf gti defined a genre. Every successive golf has got lardier so the lupo is the modern mini gti. They sold 1000 over here, about 500 left now. Not many have all the options like mine ;-)

Ah mockage of the last true gti betrays a lack of appreciation for true motoring heritage. Possibly caused by looking at too many fords.

The mk1 golf gti defined a genre. Every successive golf has got lardier so the lupo is the modern mini gti. They sold 1000 over here, about 500 left now. Not many have all the options like mine ;-)

It's small and ugly, I really cannot see the appeal. I guess that's because I prefer style with a V8 engine.

Posted Image

It's small and ugly, I really cannot see the appeal. I guess that's because I prefer style with a V8 engine.

Each to their own buddy. I personally love the old mustang shape, and give me a v8 over anything else any day, problem is I need stuff that excites me and is practical.

That's because there isn't one is there? Yes, they make some 'classy' cars but nothing inspiring or exciting. Germany's most iconic car is the Beetle... yeah...

You know what Ford's bread and butter is? The vehicle that's kept them afloat for decades....

It ain't the Focus.

It ain't the Mustang.

It ain't even the Mondeo.

Not even the Transit.

800px-2010_Ford_F-150_Platinum_--_07-10-

Exciting.

What are you driving at the moment Ian?  I've got 6 months left before I'm due for a new one, not sure what to go for.  I'd like something else stupidly fast and uneconomical, but coming under pressure to get something a bit more family friendly..

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â