What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

reliable is a truly boring word, right up to the point the lady on the emergency phone says leave the car on the hard shoulder and walk up the embankment until we can get there

1473662B.jpg

this bit !

The wife's Discovery 4 had two similar pieces come off recently, only they were covering the supports either side of the windscreen.  They were OK until it was driven at over 50mph, then they came away and flapped about in the wind.  A very poor piece of design indeed.

I don't have a bad word to say about Fords, but that may be because i never go anywhere near a main dealer. I've had 2 Mondeos and my Focus in the last 11 years, all diesels. The only real problem I've had was a broken front spring on my 2nd Mondeo which necessitated a trip on the back of an RAC truck. I have friends and workmates who own them and have had no trouble at all. I was thinking of replacing the Focus next year, but I really can't think what to have next. It just cost me £120 to get it through the mot, so I can't complain, as long as it keeps going I think I may as well hang on to the old girl. Tell you what though, it runs a hell of a lot better on Total diesel than it does on supermarket stuff, anyone else noticed this with their cars?

• Like 1

I don't have a bad word to say about Fords, but that may be because i never go anywhere near a main dealer. I've had 2 Mondeos and my Focus in the last 11 years, all diesels. The only real problem I've had was a broken front spring on my 2nd Mondeo which necessitated a trip on the back of an RAC truck. I have friends and workmates who own them and have had no trouble at all. I was thinking of replacing the Focus next year, but I really can't think what to have next. It just cost me £120 to get it through the mot, so I can't complain, as long as it keeps going I think I may as well hang on to the old girl. Tell you what though, it runs a hell of a lot better on Total diesel than it does on supermarket stuff, anyone else noticed this with their cars?

On the fuel issue - yes. The both the VW and the Landy run better on Sainsbury's and Esso fuel compared to BP and Tescos. 

That said, a 3.8L engine isn't necessarily anything to write home about, though the venerable 3800 is one of my favorites.

Perhaps oddly the V6 never made it into the UK but the Buick V8 from the 60's made its way into many a British car from the mid 60's onwards - including the Range Rover, Rover P6, TVR's a plenty, Morgan and the Land Rover Discovery.

Yeah it's built on the same platform as the Equus, which isn't that far off the S Class/A8/7-series/LS.There isn't a single car in the global Ford portfolio on that level, AFAIK.

Called the Centennial over here. Comes with a nice 5.0l, 429bhp V8 too.

• 4 weeks later...

Got the Audi that I'm not keeping. (see various other threads)

Its a **** monster. Absolutely love it.

Fingers crossed it keeps going. Surprised me to see that only Rover have a worse engine failure rate than Audi.

Got the Audi that I'm not keeping. (see various other threads)

Its a **** monster. Absolutely love it.

Fingers crossed it keeps going. Surprised me to see that only Rover have a worse engine failure rate than Audi.

Its an A1 Sline. It's fantastic.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â