World Cup 2022: Qatar

maqroll

Anyone seen the video of the danish reporter reporting for world cup (which he is entitled to) and some Qataris say he cant film and threathen to smash the camerA?

God this Qataris are going to be in for a massive shock when the country gets flooded with fans

• Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Anyone seen the video of the danish reporter reporting for world cup (which he is entitled to) and some Qataris say he cant film and threathen to smash the camerA?

God this Qataris are going to be in for a massive shock when the country gets flooded with fans

I wonder what attendances will be like at this World Cup.  Being right before Christmas surely isn't ideal for many.

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I wonder what attendances will be like at this World Cup.  Being right before Christmas surely isn't ideal for many.

Said in the OT thread a lot of games don't seem to have sold out but the attendances should be ok

Its who is attending that will be different, there are 250k brits who like in dubai, 5k British businesses out there

I'm lazily guessing the western expats in the middle East who do alright for themselves out there will make up the majority

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

I think its going to be poor although im nit sure what the capacity is of the stadiums there? If they are smaller then less people games should be full.

But if your lookingvat 50-60k stadiums cant see it myself being full

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

Think they'll do like at the Olympics in China and bring in people on free tickets to fill up the stadiums. Won't look good on TV if the stadiums are half full.

Been a couple articles about people from Pakistan given tickets and accommodation (and even pay) to come in and be fans. I imagine there will be the same from African nations where they give away tickets.

3 hours ago, duke313 said:

The atmosphere is what I am curious. Not that alcohol automatically improves atmosphere but I can see a lot of dead atmospheres at games

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Also didn't realise until now the argies have taken Brightons macallister

He actually has a brother called Kevin, with a Christmas World Cup he was the perfect call up 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I imagine they'll bus people in.

But there's predicted to be 1.2m people coming to Qatar for the tournament. So there's plenty of people going.

They should all get off the planes holding hands. They can't put everyone in prison

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think its going to be poor although im nit sure what the capacity is of the stadiums there? If they are smaller then less people games should be full.

But if your lookingvat 50-60k stadiums cant see it myself being full

When the 2019 Athletics World Champs were there the stadium was empty pretty much all day. I remember watching it on the telly and thinking how boring it must be for the Athletes.

11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I typed out a joke which began 'I heard that . . .' and then the entire plot synopsis of Home Alone 3, and then I checked IMDb and realised the kid's name isn't even Kevin in that one. 

We would have gone with you Hanoi. This is VT we look after each other!

"He's one of our own, HanoiVillan, he's one of our own."

Who am I trying to kid? Actually it would have been at tops, 4 minutes before some pedant pointed out the kid in Home Alone 3 wasn't called Kevin.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â