Manchester United

BOF

Don't know Bayern ripped City and Arsenal apart in the away leg. I think they will put the tie to bed in the first leg. 2-0 or 3-0 to Bayern. United were poor against us really. On another day we would have scored 3 or 4 goals. Just think how many chances Bayern will create.

Edited by PaulC

Don't know Bayern ripped City and Arsenal apart in the away leg. I think they will put the tie to bed in the first leg. 2-0 or 3-0 to Bayern. United were poor against us really. On another day we would have scored 3 or 4 goals. Just think how many chances Bayern will create.

Robben, Ribery, Gotze - very creative players. They can manage without Alcantara, just about.

Here are other things to think about -

1. The managers. Pep Guardiola. Is he going to get his tactics wrong? David Moyes? No experience at this level.

2. The Man Utd defence. A laughing stock compared to previous Man Utd defences. It will be completely rebuilt. Villa should have scored 4 or 5.

3. Is there a Plan B. Bayern have Mandzukic Plan B. Benteke kind of player who they can hit high balls to, to switch things up. Man Utd's Plan A is the same as Plan B. Defend.

4.  Possession and Counter attack. Man Utd will be lucky to have 25% possession tomorrow. That doesn't mean Bayern are guaranteed to win, of course. But do Utd have the players to effectively hit Bayern on the break? I don't think they do. 

5. Team leaders and big game players. Bayern have Kroos, Lahm and Man Utd have Rooney and not much else. 

These games will be the climax of the Man Utd season, but not in a good way. It will distil everything that Man Utd fans hate about the current set up. The 4-1 win over Villa just softened them up before a greater fall.

I'm absolutely wetting myself thinking how many Man Utd could concede tomorrow. even without Alcantara they could get between 4-7.

The Bayern players will be so up for stuffing Man Utd out the competition since they won't be back next year.

I really do think this is going to be a crazy scoreline and a once-in-a-decade kind of rout.

Edited by Con

Yep Con I can see a crazy score-line myself. Was it 3-0 they won at Man City. Robben and Lahm down the right, if Lahm does play right back is such a lethal combination. 

Under Pep Guardiola Lahm has often played as the only defensive midfield in the centre, in a 4-1-4-1 formation with a quick 28-year-old Brazilian at right back. Why not play that way against Man Utd?  Allow Robben and Ribery to get behind the Man Utd defence.

They don't have Alcantara now anyway to play in the centre for a repeat of the formation against Arsenal.

Schweinsteiger, Kroos and Lahm is a very solid defensive midfield triangle. They will dominate the midfield.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/724034/Live/Germany-Bundesliga-2013-2014-Hertha-Berlin-Bayern-Munich

Score:  Man Utd 0 : 7 Bayern                                   Possession: 25 % : 75%
[/teamline]
keeper.png
Neuer
home.png
Rafinha
home.png
Dante (1)
home.png
Boateng
home.png
Alaba
home.png
Lahm
home.png
Robben (2)
home.png
Schweinsteiger (1)
home.png
Kroos (1)
home.png
Ribery
home.png
Mandzukic (1)
[teamline]Subs:
home.png
Muller (1)
home.png
Gotze
home.png
Martinez
home.png
van Buyten
Edited by Con

Robben is about the most wasteful player of his level. I think Yanited may get a shock win tomorrow night. Sadly.

Sorry but I think Robben is a brilliant player.  Possibly the best player in that position in world football.

• Like 1

Robben is about the most wasteful player of his level. I think Yanited may get a shock win tomorrow night. Sadly.

Sorry but I think Robben is a brilliant player.  Possibly the best player in that position in world football.

He's a poor man's Andros Townsend.

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 2

He's a poor man's Andros Townsend.

who's a poor mans Marc Albrighton

I don't like Robben but I do like this goal. Wunderbar!

Watch the final v Chelsea again.

Watch the final against Dortmund again. MOTM

• Like 1

Robben tends to bottle the big games a bit, numerous examples at Chelsea, he had a one-on-one in the world cup final at 0-0 remember and obviously missing the penalty in the champions league final but getting the winner v Dortmund was a good response and his career moment really.

I must say him v Buttner will be a laugh. Buttner has no business starting a champions league quarter final whatsoever.

Robben tends to bottle the big games a bit, numerous examples at Chelsea, he had a one-on-one in the world cup final at 0-0 remember and obviously missing the penalty in the champions league final but getting the winner v Dortmund was a good response and his career moment really.

I must say him v Buttner will be a laugh. Buttner has no business starting a champions league quarter final whatsoever.

He was pretty young at Chelsea. I thought he was brilliant at Arsenal and at Man City. I expect him to score at Old Trafford

He proved but the 2012 Champions League final he was shocking. Cole and Bertrand let him do what he wanted on the right flank as they knew he had no right foot as they had closed off his left side.

was great tactical defending but showed he doesn't have a great football brain

He was pretty young at Chelsea. I thought he was brilliant at Arsenal and at Man City. I expect him to score at Old Trafford

He was very injury prone at Chelsea and went off injured a few times in soem of their cup finals, bit like Harry Kewell at Liverpool. Mourinho mentioned he wasn't the strongest player mentally to take knocks.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â