Paul Lambert

limpid

Martinez has his limitations as does Lambert. They both can't really get the balance right of good attacking intent with a good defence, though that is a true reflection of a good tactical manager. It will be interesting to see today if Lambert his the balls and faith in his team to go out and attack probabaly the worst team in the league. If not he will lose even more credibilty.

More of an attacking intent but we're still far too slow in our build up play and we really, really need more creativity in midfield and attack.

Agree but it's a start, the main question I have is whether we can maintain and improve it.

I bloody well hope so.

Set up well today but still lacking that link between the midfield and attack.

Midfield played really well but none of them are that creative player we need.

Hopefully grealish will turn into that player. Would love to see someone come in in January who can do a job though

• Like 3

More of an attacking intent but we're still far too slow in our build up play and we really, really need more creativity in midfield and attack.

Agree but it's a start, the main question I have is whether we can maintain and improve it.

I bloody well hope so.

We always seem to be one result away from a really bad set of results. If we can continue the same way we played today, even if we lose one or two, as long as we get more wins on the board and cut out the shit runs, I will be happy.

Wanted. New sticks to beat Lambert with. ;)

Well we haven't spent millions since we were told we need to spend millions to play good football. So maybe the bad form was down to him, eh?

Well we haven't spent millions since we were told we need to spend millions to play good football. So maybe the bad form was down to him, eh?

Or maybe it helps to have your best player in the side. Well, second best, after Alan Hutton, obviously :)

• Like 1

Really enjoyed today. Good performance, positive sub's and plenty of fight and spirit.

Okore and Sanchez are looking good buys.

I can get behind that today, hope it continues.

Haha good point.

Or maybe it helps to have your best player in the side. Well, second best, after Alan Hutton, obviously :)

So Lambert isn't a good manager as we can only play with Benteke in the team. Good point.

I think both sides have a point to be the honest. As usual, the answer is probably somewhere in the middle. You don't need millions to play good football but you need millions to consistently play good football.

So Lambert isn't a good manager as we can only play with Benteke in the team. Good point.

YAWN.

• Like 3

Really odd decision to start Nzogbia for me and I hope he agrees with me that we were alot better with Bacuna and grealish on. Sanchez hardly covered himself in glory but maybe westwoods and cleverleys injurys might give him another chance. Team did ok though. Coped well with going behind. Schmeichel stopped it being easier for us with some good saves, Guzan attoned for for his mistake I thought. Shame it took a while coming but Huttons composure was top notch. took the chance well. Quietly pleased with Westwood and Cleverley before their injuries.

Better though and we deserved the win I thought. been a while since I could honestly say that

Edited by VILLAMARV

I think both sides have a point to be the honest. As usual, the answer is probably somewhere in the middle. You don't need millions to play good football but you need millions to consistently play good football.

Tbh, most are happy to credit Lambert with picking the team up. But those who were consistently used the 'no money' argument can't expect that not to be brought up. After all it was their strong defence over the past few weeks.

It makes me laugh that somebody would come here with the old 'sticks to beat Lambert' with, when they and others have consistently stated the poor form is a lot to do with no money. That argument is now dead and buried.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â